Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
The company I work for doesn't have a fund selection I'm happy with, and I'd like to move my money somewhere where I can invest in a rather obsure fund.
I can do a in-service rollover to an IRA and invest in the fund I'm interested in. But I lose the legal protections that come with a 401K. Does anyone know of a way that I can move the money to an account I control, that still has the legal protections of a 401K.
Print the post  


When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.