Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0

I currently contribute the max allowed to my 401K every year.

I also have a Roth, but can no longer contribute due to AGI limitations.

Here is my question - could I also contribute $2K to a Traditional IRA? I realize this wouldn't be tax deductible - but at least the contributions would grow tax deferred ( I think, if not, why even do it?)

Somehow, I suspect this is not allowed- but couldn't confirm it through paging through Fool IRA guides.

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.