Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
The Setup:

Today I have my 401(k) and expect to open and begin contributions into a Roth IRA this year.

The Question:

If I change jobs (and the plan allows) can I roll my 401(k) into a Trad IRA, continue contributions to my Roth IRA and begin participating in the new employers 401(k)?

I've been scouring my best online searchs and can't find this situation explored.
Print the post  


What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.