No. of Recommendations: 0
I left my 401(k) with my last employer after changing jobs. Their plan has a limited number of mutual funds to choice from. I'm considering rolling it over into a traditional IRA or a Roth IRA to have more control over where it's invested. If I roll it over into a traditonal IRA would the entire amount be transferred? And could I contribute $2,000/year (tax deductable)? If I roll it over to a Roth IRA would I have to pay taxes up front? If so, how much? How do I go about requesting a roll over?

Thanks In Advance,
Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.