Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
I will be leaving my current job and relocating out of state to a new job. As foolish as it may seem, I will use those funds once I get to my new job. My question is: Once I recieve the check, can I roll over that amount to a Roth?

I have been told that If I did do this I would not have to pay the 10% penalty on top of the 20% tax hit.
Also, are Roth's fully accessable?
I look foreward to your response.....thanks
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.