Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
I had to little taken out of my paycheck in 2001 and owe about $1600 in taxes and I think a penalty for 2001.

I only contributed about $2500 (5% of my income) to my company's 401K last year.

Is there any way I could contribute money to a Roth IRA, or other non-taxable fund to reduce my 2001 taxable income now?

In hindsight, I wish I would have contributed more (and claimed less deductions, whoops).

Print the post  


When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.