Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: jakalant Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 294  
Subject: 403b Date: 1/22/2000 4:56 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Is this the correct board about asking whether anyone here knows about converting 403bs to IRAs. I'll appreciate any answere or suggestions where I can go to reseach this topic.

Thanks

Jack
Print the post Back To Top
Author: conlain Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9 of 294
Subject: Re: 403b Date: 1/27/2000 12:06 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Jack, you can get some good info at the Morningstar site's 403b conversation board. You cannot convert 403b to ira's if you are still contributing to the plan. However if you have changed employers or have retired, you can easily convert monies not being currently contributed to.

Connie

Author: jakalant Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 10 of 294
Subject: Re: 403b Date: 2/5/2000 8:01 AM
Connie,

Thanks for pointing the way. It looks like an interesting board. Good luck and fool on. I'm almost caught up on the Mechanical Investing board,finally, and will get to the 403B one soon.

Fool On,

Jack

Author: Jeannette10 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 17 of 294
Subject: Re: 403b Date: 2/26/2000 12:37 PM
We are in the process of transfering a 403b into an IRA and it is very confusing. We are stuck in fixed rate annuity contracts with Jackson Life Insurance and John Alden life insurance. My husband is retired and it looks like we should be able to roll-over the funds into an IRA but we want the funds transfered based on the accumulation value , not the cash surrender value.
If anybody has any information or good web-sites to deal with this issue, please let me know. We live in California. Both Jackson and John Alden staff have not been very helpful. These are old annuities and the insurance staff does not know much about them. Of course, we don't want to make a mistake and end up paying taxes on the transfer. thanks for any help you can give us on this issue.

Author: dzgsvv021057 Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 18 of 294
Subject: Re: 403b Date: 2/27/2000 12:25 AM
Jeannette10,

Get a hold of Fidelity or Schwab tell them your situation, they can help you out.

They have a no-load annuity and commissions are low
and I believe they have no surrender charges.

Tell them you want to do a "Direct Roll-Over" not a
"Roll-Over" two different meaning.

Call them or go to their website:

http://www300.fidelity.com/

http://www.schwab.com/

I hope this helps?

Have a good day and Fool-on!!!

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement