Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
I have a 403b which I want to roll over to a traditional IRA because it will only allow me to have mutual funds in it. With a traditional IRA, I can put my money into stocks. This is my question, can I do this if my income is above the limits? I know that I will not be able to contribute in the future to the IRA but can I put the money that I have already invested in the 403b there. I have terminiated employment with the company that had my 403b. Thanks.
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.