Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: rickrn9295 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 19414  
Subject: 403b and 401k? Date: 6/8/2000 8:25 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I currently stash into a 403b with one employer, but can I concurrently stash into a 401k with a second employer at the same time? Any laws, rules regulationa or can I go for it?
Thanks fools...
Print the post Back To Top
Author: peppermintpatty Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4162 of 19414
Subject: Re: 403b and 401k? Date: 6/8/2000 10:58 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
rickrn9295 -

<<I currently stash into a 403b with one employer, but can I concurrently stash into a 401k with a second employer at the same time? Any laws, rules regulationa or can I go for it?>>

Yes! Each plan has contribution limits based upon income earned with that employer. Check with the Plan Administrator at each employer for more specific rules.

Good luck, PP

Author: cdosr Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4177 of 19414
Subject: Re: 403b and 401k? Date: 6/10/2000 9:43 PM
I currently stash into a 403b with one employer, but can I concurrently stash into a 401k with a second employer at the same time? Any laws, rules regulationa or can I go for it?

Yes! Each plan has contribution limits based upon income earned with that employer. Check with the Plan Administrator at each employer for more specific rules.

Whoa. Yes, each plan has it's specific limits that only the plan administrator/HR can tell you. However, you are still limited to the $10.5K annual total in the aggregate. You cannot put 10.5K in each plan but you can divide the 10.5K between the two as you see fit or as the plan allow.

/cdo

Author: peppermintpatty Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4187 of 19414
Subject: Re: 403b and 401k? Date: 6/11/2000 1:00 PM
Maxing out:

<<you are still limited to the $10.5K annual total in the aggregate>>

Right!

Thanks cdosr!

PP

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement