UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: garyl41 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 75383  
Subject: 403b Confusion Date: 2/2/2000 10:49 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I currently have 403b's with Vanguard, Fidelity and Aim/Cigna. Over the past 25 years I have stopped contributing to some and have moved the accounts around seeking the best returns. How do I determine the ground rules on these investments as far as age, payout, etc? I'm not sure who the original investments vendors were.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: peppermintpatty Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 18645 of 75383
Subject: Re: 403b Confusion Date: 2/2/2000 11:30 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Hello gary!

As I understand, you have 403b accounts (more than one!). When you are 59½ you may begin withdrawing from any/all accounts. It will be "ordinary income" and subject to income tax. Each vendor can review the basic rules with you - call them!

Best wishes, PP

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement