UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: holladcs Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 75335  
Subject: 403B Performance Date: 1/26/2000 8:15 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Fools:
I am probably less foolish than the rest of you and would greatly appreciate your help. I have a small (young) 403B that is in a small cap mutual fund. In reviewing the performance of this fund over the past 1.5 years, I noticed that my ROI is -0.40%!. I am approximately 25 years away from retirement and realize that my 403B is in it for the long haul, but shouldn't I expect a better ROI? Should I abandon this mutual Fund? If so, in favor of what? I would be grateful for any suggestions.
Holladcs
Print the post Back To Top
Author: peppermintpatty Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 18299 of 75335
Subject: Re: 403B Performance Date: 1/26/2000 11:51 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
holladcs -

Don't despair!

You're right, that's not a good return, but you are in for the long haul. I would advise you to diversify a bit more, however. Consider allocating among large, mid & small US stocks, as well as some International exposure too! Look at all the investment options your 403b has & use them to suit your goals.

Best wishes, PP

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement