UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: TRYSTERO Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 76237  
Subject: 403B /Regular IRA Date: 10/31/1999 12:30 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
If you are contributing the max into a 403B index fund,
can you also put $2000 pre tax into a regular IRA,
or is the 403B the limit that you can shelter in
any given year?
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Dodgeball Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 14981 of 76237
Subject: Re: 403B /Regular IRA Date: 10/31/1999 9:45 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
The limit on the 403b is strictly for the 403b account and has no bearing on your contributions to an IRA.

Dodgeball

Author: TMFPixy Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 14983 of 76237
Subject: Re: 403B /Regular IRA Date: 11/1/1999 9:50 AM
Trystero asks:

<<If you are contributing the max into a 403B index fund, can you also put $2000 pre tax into a regular IRA, or is the 403B the limit that you can shelter in any given year? >>

Possibly, but the deductability of the contribution depends on your filing status and your adjusted gross income for the year. As a single filer participating in a 403b, you may deduct all of your 1999 contribution when your AGI is $31K or less, part between $31K and $41K, and nothing above $41K. The range for joint filers is $51K to $61K.
For details on allowable IRA contributions, see our IRA area at http://www.fool.com/Money/AllAboutIRAs/AllAboutIRAs.htm or my Foolish Retirement Plan Primer at http://www.fool.com/Retirement/Retirement.htm.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement