UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: tomretired Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1491  
Subject: 403b rollover Date: 2/22/2008 5:43 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Should I rollover my 403b to a Vanguard or fidelity target fund because of the 1.4% costs to keep it there?I retired 2 years ago so I don't really need it for the company program anymore and will not contribute to it. The 403b is a variable annuity with no life insurance provision, I have 7 funds in it.I figure the costs are about 1000 per year.Is there any advantage to keeping it? Am I missing something or is there a better way to go.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Mark12547 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1328 of 1491
Subject: Re: 403b rollover Date: 2/14/2009 12:05 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Yes, if it is less expensive to have similar investments elsewhere in a "Rollover IRA", it makes sense to go ahead and do a "custodian-to-custodian transfer" to get the value of your 403(b) moved over to Vanguard or Fidelity, depending on which best meets your investment plans.

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement