UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: cymbeline Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 76080  
Subject: 403b to TDA to IRA? Date: 9/28/1999 11:26 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I think I am being bamboozled. My "advisor" says they do not have exact records of where the money came from that they put in a TDA. They say that it seems to be a rollover from a 403b but they cannot tell whether it was from an account I had with my employer and it was rolled over when we changed investment companies for the 403b at work or if it came from my husband's teacher retirement which passed to me when he died.
IF IT WAS MY 403B CAN IT BE ROLLED OVER INTO AN IRA NOW FROM THE ANNUITY??? I have already been advised by you kind souls that it could be if it was his "qualified plan" which had come to me but can it be if it was mine?
I would be glad to read up on all of this if I had any idea where to find the information.
I really appreciate all the help.
Thanks, Franke
Print the post Back To Top
Author: TMFPixy Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 14123 of 76080
Subject: Re: 403b to TDA to IRA? Date: 9/29/1999 8:47 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Franke writes:

<<I think I am being bamboozled. My "advisor" says they do not have exact records of where the money came from that they put in a TDA. They say that it seems to be a rollover from a 403b but they cannot tell whether it was from an account I had with my employer and it was rolled over when we changed investment companies for the 403b at work or if it came from my husband's teacher retirement which passed to me when he died.
IF IT WAS MY 403B CAN IT BE ROLLED OVER INTO AN IRA NOW FROM THE ANNUITY??? I have already been advised by you kind souls that it could be if it was his "qualified plan" which had come to me but can it be if it was mine?
I would be glad to read up on all of this if I had any idea where to find the information. >>

Regardless if the money came from your qualified 403b plan, your spouse's qualified 403b plan, or a combination, it all should still be eligible for transfer to an IRA. You can find the details in IRS Publications 575 (Pension and Annuity Income) and 590 (Individual Retirement Arrangements). Both can be obtained at http://www.irs.ustreas.gov/prod/forms_pubs/index.html.

Regards..Pixy

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement