UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: JLROGERS Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 76421  
Subject: 403b variable annuities Date: 8/5/1999 9:27 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
My new employer only offers Lincoln National variable
annuities for our retirement plan. I would like to max
out my contribution but I am unfamiliar with this
plan and have not read anything positive regarding
variable annuities. How do I research this plan? Who
rates variable annuities and their offerings?

My only ray of hope is that they might offer an Equity
500 Index fund in Sept.pending state? approval.
Any info or suggestions would be helpful.
Thanks much, JLRogers
Print the post Back To Top
Author: peppermintpatty Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 12869 of 76421
Subject: Re: 403b variable annuities Date: 8/5/1999 9:48 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Hi JLROGERS!

Try looking at: http://data.insure.com/life/annuity/morningstar/mstar/cfm

Good luck... PP

Author: bailey7094 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 12912 of 76421
Subject: Re: 403b variable annuities Date: 8/6/1999 4:23 PM
JLROGERS writes:
My new employer only offers Lincoln National variable
annuities for our retirement plan. I would like to max
out my contribution but I am unfamiliar with this
plan and have not read anything positive regarding
variable annuities. How do I research this plan? Who
rates variable annuities and their offerings?

My only ray of hope is that they might offer an Equity
500 Index fund in Sept.pending state?

Hi, JL
I have a 403b account with Lincoln National. In this they do not offer a S&P 500 Index fund, but they do have a very good Growth & Income fund that seems to track the S&P 500 Index quite well.

FoolishProf

Author: lmg222 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 12928 of 76421
Subject: Re: 403b variable annuities Date: 8/6/1999 8:47 PM
I have a Lincoln National 403B plan which I'm in the process of transferring to other mutual fund companies. The company I worked for changed to a 401K and dropped the 403B. They have a Dreyfus Index fund that did fairly well last year and a Fidelity Growth and income fund that made almost 32% last year. The rest of the funds offered did poorly I think. There customer service is good, but they do charge an annual fee of $30. They need to offer more funds.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement