No. of Recommendations: 0
Hello all!
I just recieved my schools list of companies i can use for my 403(b). Rather limited names. TIAFF/CREF and Fidelity are their and five pages of unknown or unimpressive companies from a fund perspective.
At the end of the fifth page it simply states "#457 plan-Deferred Compensation". What is a 457 plan? Is it as good as a 403(B)?
I have read some fair things about T/C in 403(b) situations, has anyone utilized them. Vanguard , of course is not offered here. (Evidently, it is the rather crazy Calfornian "Hold Harmless" paper that Vanguard and some others will not sign that stops their participation)
Thanks for any light you may shed for this new Fool.
Dansong
Print the post  

Announcements

The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement