No. of Recommendations: 0
I just recently retired from State service where I contributed to the State's 457 plan. Now I have about 2 weeks left to decide what to do with it. I'm 62 and don't plan on taking any withdrawls until age 70&1/2. I would dearly love to roll it over into a self-directed IRA, but I don't think that's allowed by Uncle Sammy. I understood from a previous post that the Fed was about to make a change in the applicable law this January that would allow a rollover from a 457 plan. I have not heard ds about this. Does anyone have any information on this? Has this change happened? Would appreciate any help or info on this subject. Thanks, LC
Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.