Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: VTDave Big red star, 1000 posts Ticker Guide SC1 Green Captain Motley Fool One Everlasting Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 475  
Subject: 4Q11 DECK Value Report Date: 4/1/2012 9:13 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 4
For a while now, I've been developing a report format to help me understand how the market is valuing some of my favorite Foolish stocks. I now have what I think is a decent format that I can share on Google Docs. This is an experiment to see how things go on the free boards.

You can access the DECK report here --> https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B-iT350_4p5YV1h2aU1TbEFRRC1...

Let me know what you think.

-Dave.
DDD & RAX Ticker Guide
Print the post Back To Top
Author: 2K10 One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 463 of 475
Subject: Re: 4Q11 DECK Value Report Date: 4/2/2012 7:55 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
The google doc format works well. Thanks for the report.

Author: lukascranac Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 464 of 475
Subject: Re: 4Q11 DECK Value Report Date: 4/4/2012 5:57 PM
for a second I thought you built those charts in google docs. :)
nice stuff!

Author: tylerbowes1 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 465 of 475
Subject: Re: 4Q11 DECK Value Report Date: 4/5/2012 9:19 AM
Dave,
I love the report, thanks for sharing. Do use an excel model to organize your data? I would like to create resources like the report you provided, for my own due dilgence on various stocks I'm interested in. If you don't mind sharing your model, I would greatly appreciate it. If not, could you provide some tips or pointers on how I could do this myself. Thank you.

Author: VTDave Big red star, 1000 posts Ticker Guide SC1 Green Captain Motley Fool One Everlasting Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 466 of 475
Subject: Re: 4Q11 DECK Value Report Date: 4/5/2012 9:44 AM
Hi tylerbowes1,

Unfortunately, I can't just post the Excel worksheets because (1) they're fairly complicated and I don't have time to support them and (2) it depends on some additional code within Excel.

One thing though. I am using Randy Harmelink's free Excel add-in (http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/smf_addin/). If you are interested in any kind of serious data collection, I'd highly recommend it.

All that said, if folks are interested in other specific companies, I'm willing to try and generate reports for them as I can find the time.

-Dave.

Author: tylerbowes1 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 467 of 475
Subject: Re: 4Q11 DECK Value Report Date: 4/5/2012 9:49 AM
Dave,

I understand the complexity issue of posting them on here. I was hoping maybe you could email one to me and I would take the time to discern the information and figure it out on my own. But, I will definitely take a look at the Randy Harmelink add-in though and see if it will suffice. Thanks again for your help.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement