UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: eatenbybears Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1951423  
Subject: 5 Graphs Prove America is At the Tipping Point Date: 10/3/2012 5:25 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
These 5 Graphs Prove America is At the Tipping Point With Its Debt

Doomed .... believe it!

The United States stands at a tipping point in 2012. Our out of control spending, lack of job creating policies and rising government assistance claims have pushed the country to a point where there may be no return. Below are the troubling charts showing some disturbing trends that unless we start reversing now, we may be too late to stop

http://www.policymic.com/articles/15754/presidential-polls-2...

Bears
Print the post Back To Top
Author: ModernViking Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1820697 of 1951423
Subject: Re: 5 Graphs Prove America is At the Tipping Poi Date: 10/3/2012 5:43 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
I love how the first graph in this piece shows a spike in defense and entitlements spending between 2000 and 2008, followed by a big U-turn as all the rates of spending increase turn negative by 2012.

Author: eatenbybears Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1820706 of 1951423
Subject: Re: 5 Graphs Prove America is At the Tipping Poi Date: 10/3/2012 6:13 PM
I find it rather interesting that Military spending is 4.5% GDP and falling and frightening that Entitlements show 9.7% GDP

Yet, you cut military spending to free up cash to cover Entitlements, and that puts so many people out of work ..... we need more Entitlements

Doomed

Bears

Author: Stonewashed Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1820719 of 1951423
Subject: Re: 5 Graphs Prove America is At the Tipping Poi Date: 10/3/2012 6:50 PM
As the cool and deliberate sense of the community ought in all governments, and actually will in all free governments ultimately prevail over the views of its rulers; so there are particular moments in public affairs, when the people stimulated by some irregular passion, or some illicit advantage, or misled by the artful misrepresentations of interested men, may call for measures which they themselves will afterwards be the most ready to lament and condemn. In these critical moments, how salutary will be the interference of some temperate and respectable body of citizens, in order to check the misguided career, and to suspend the blow mediated by the people against themselves, until reason, justice and truth, can regain their authority over the public mind?

James Madison: Federalist No. 63, 1788

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement