UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: ibnana Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 166  
Subject: 5-HTP as sleep aid Date: 3/13/2005 9:04 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I saw this mentioned on another board. Has anyone tried it? I'm going to mention it to DH, but he has so many other health problems, I don't know if it's a good idea for him. There seem to be some concerns about it.

http://www.wholehealthmd.com/news/viewarticle/0,1513,2,00.html

Carol
Print the post Back To Top
Author: GreenEyedLady Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 149 of 166
Subject: Re: 5-HTP as sleep aid Date: 3/14/2005 5:16 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I haven't tried 5-HTP but used to use tryptophan back before they banned it and found it worked very well with no side effects. One thing the article did not mention is that the problems with contamination did NOT affect all users who got bad batches - there is a genetic suceptibility element involved also. And just to put the risks into proper perspective let's not forget the much greater number of folks who get side effects like suicide from the alternatives that *are* still on the market (this is a classic problem for Valium).

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement