UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: hopper2 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 75339  
Subject: 5 year cap gains Date: 2/21/2001 3:44 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I recently read an article, I believe by David Braze, that "usually" only stocks bought in '01 were eligible for the 5 year cap gain tax rate, yet it was stated that in some cases this was available to stocks already owned for over 5 years. Which cases? How about say stocks bought 3 years ago, are they in 2 more years eligible for 5 year rates?
Print the post Back To Top
Author: jbking Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 28031 of 75339
Subject: Re: 5 year cap gains Date: 2/21/2001 3:53 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Read this article for a better definition of "usually":

http://www.fool.com/taxes/2001/taxes010105.htm

JB

Author: TMFPixy Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 28032 of 75339
Subject: Re: 5 year cap gains Date: 2/21/2001 4:00 PM
Greetings, Hopper2, and welcome. You wrote:

I recently read an article, I believe by David Braze, that "usually" only stocks bought in '01 were eligible for the 5 year cap gain tax rate, yet it was stated that in some cases this was available to stocks already owned for over 5 years. Which cases? How about say stocks bought 3 years ago, are they in 2 more years eligible for 5 year rates?

No, that wasn't in any of my articles. I think you mean one written last month by TMF Taxes (Roy Lewis) that can be found at http://www.fool.com/taxes/2001/taxes010105.htm.

Regards..Pixy

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement