Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: muffinXL One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 2302  
Subject: 6 cents Date: 4/15/2003 9:50 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
What is happening? stock just hit 6 cents, without any news release?
Anyone have a clue? are they coming out of Chapter 11 with some value to commons?
Print the post Back To Top
Author: muffinXL One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2283 of 2302
Subject: Re: 6 cents Date: 4/15/2003 11:06 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Rewind,
the charts do not show anymore that the stock was traded at 6 cents. Maybe a slip up or mistake of a small trader? we wil never know.
Keep the hopes up!

Author: Leidolf Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2284 of 2302
Subject: Re: 6 cents Date: 4/15/2003 7:42 PM
With Worldcom coming out of Chapter 11 with common being wiped out, do we have much chance of getting any value out of MFNX common?

Author: muffinXL One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2285 of 2302
Subject: Re: 6 cents Date: 4/16/2003 4:32 AM
Recommendations: 2
well, as long as we are not prenounced "dead" we are "alive"
I do not expect anything more than 0-5% stake after dilution (ie. conversion of senior debt into new issued shares).
5% is not a lot but still better than nothing. They have released some news about new deals on the website, so they are still actively in business it seems...
We are in the backseat and we will know soon enough when we have run out of gas!

Author: smitty7 Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2286 of 2302
Subject: Re: 6 cents Date: 4/16/2003 7:15 PM
They have released some news about new deals on the website, so they are still actively in business it seems...

They are most certainly still in business, as I am one of their customers. Rumors are that they are even cash-flow positive, or very near it. It looks like the business plan is working. I know we are moving our servers out of another company and into MFN because we feel confident in MFN's viability.

Smitty7

Author: qcw Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2287 of 2302
Subject: Re: 6 cents Date: 4/21/2003 5:17 PM
Nope.

-Q

Author: qcw Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2288 of 2302
Subject: Re: 6 cents Date: 4/21/2003 5:23 PM
Fortunately MFNX was (is) small part of my port. However that said, if their is one lesson I learned from the past it is that

- The CEO
- The Gov
- The Exchange Commission

Are all hard at work to get your money

Lets see, GX MFNX Worldcom NT JDSU ENRON AOL(more fallout here yet) .. basically ... the deals made are not to the benefit of the shareholder. We are the guys footing the bill so to speak.

I have learned that basically NO ONE is responcible 9well except for the little guy). No one goes to Jail, has to pay back the money ... options have been left up to the individual company to expence or not to expence ... accounting crap still goes on ... like after items left off the balance sheet we beat buy a penney ... LOL

Incredable how almost everybody has been beeting by a penney yet for 3+ years still economy not healthy ... better yet ... job loss getting worse <gg>

Dont get me wrong ... not bitter <gg>. Just thankfull I learned my lesson at a discount compared to others.

-Q

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement