Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (11) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: TMFDawn Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 57412  
Subject: 6+ month Hypno report Date: 10/11/2002 2:20 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 4
***Long Post Alert***

Hi everyone. Sorry I never finished my "Hypno" reports. For those new to the board (or if you just want a refresher):

My Intro Report is here:
http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=16936526
My Hypno week 1 report is here:
http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=16953716
My Hypno weeks 2 & 3 report is here:
http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=17036682

The remaining Hypno reports never seemed to materialize on TMF. I often thought about posting them but life always seemed to get in the way! (Sorry Rebecca, I know I said I'd do nine weeks of reports.) Basically, my hypno sessions continued along the same format as the first 3 weeks. The weekly sessions seemed to continually repeat the same things over and over again. The constant repetition is needed to "hardwire" the brain into the new lifestyle. I completed the program but haven't been back for any of the "follow-up" sessions that they let you attend. I haven't really felt the need and I can now put myself into self-hypnosis without any real work.

There have been several life changes since my last post/update here. Most crucial to this board:

Six months, one week, four days, 17 hours, 42 minutes and 52 seconds. 2936 cigarettes not smoked, saving $697.17. Life saved: 1 week, 3 days, 4 hours, 40 minutes.

I have almost recouped the cost of the Hypno program. The total program costs were $822.00. Yes, it seems like a lot when you say "Eight Hundred Twenty-Two Dollars" but look at my stats above. Not only have I almost saved the same amount of money but I've "bought" myself an additional 1 week, 3 days, 4 hours, 40 minutes which is priceless!!!

My overall outlook is still good. I rarely think about smoking even when I'm standing next to a smoker. The only time it has really bothered me was when I was taking some strong pain killers (for an unrelated medical issue). I found the pain killers had clouded my "hypno-reactions" with my "smoker-reactions" and the cravings would come and go. Luckily I didn't have to test my will-power because I also was not allowed to drive. The person who was driving me places is a non-smoker and I didn't want to try to convince him that I really needed a smoke but only while I was on the pain killers. :-)

My kids are much happier. My oldest son brags about mom doing the "hypno-thing" and he has been known to tell a smoking adult about it when he over hears someone mentioning the smokers favorite words: "I know I should quit but . . ." I've never smoked in the house or the car but I used to smoke in the garage. I know he is much happier with not having to plug his nose because he doesn't like the smell of a smoky garage.

I have managed to gain about 5 pounds or so since I have stopped smoking. I can't really blame that on the smokes though since I needed to lose weight anyway. I definitely have more energy now and find myself going for walks more. Great benefit for me, the kids, and the dogs!

Mentally I managed to complete my accelerated-learning paralegal course with a 4.02 GPA. I'm guessing that I didn't have the "mind wander" problem that many talk about. Now that I'm seriously looking for a full-time job I'm noticing how many want-ads state "Non-Smoking Office". I've always thought of smoking as something I did that didn't affect anyone else (since I've always been very polite about smoking around non-smokers). Now that I've been smoke-free for so long and can smell the smoke on others, I understand why an employer would want to hire a non-smoker over a smoker (medical issues aside).

Well, that about wraps it up. Let me know if you have any questions. I'm always willing to talk about my hypno success!

TMF Dawn

Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (11) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Foolanthropy 2014!
By working with young, first-time moms, Nurse-Family Partnership is able to truly change lives – for generations to come.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Economic Implications of Cuba
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement