Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
The DJIA has had 7 [SEVEN} down days in a row.

Enough is enuf!
Print the post Back To Top
are you going to sell All and buy gold?
sell and convert to cash?
Do Nothing and wait?
buy at a low?
slit your wrist or jump off a high building?

jC
NONE of the above!

I waited for Monday morning & bot a few more selected issues.

sunray
a man who knows the REM lyrics:

It's the End of the World as we know it

http://www.metrolyrics.com/its-the-end-of-the-world-lyrics-r...
No. of Recommendations: 0
I added shares yesterday.
By 10:30 the market was recovering, so it was too late to get more.

I want to see what happens this morning.

jC who did NOT add to any China stocks
I heard a good quote today.

"The Market is Not the Economy"

Which I think is True.
A lot of people get upset or scared when the market has wild gyrations. Fear and apprehension when the market has severe down days, and a smug happy glow when the market does well for several weeks.\
I don't think either is valid.
The market has recovered in the past 2 days, but I am still down some 10 grand. I have been waiting for one account to add another decimal place for about a year.I don't see that happening unless I buy an Amazon, Microsoft, or Facebook and wait 3 to 5 years.
So I am more inclined to look at current income, reduce living expenses and set back and watch what happens. Some day I might sell all and buy an annuity but I am not ready for that now. But I refuse to get upset about something I have no control of.
jC
Some day I might sell all and buy an annuity but I am not ready for that now.

+++
+++

Unless someone was burdened with only a grade school education, I could never approve of that action.

There is an old adage:

Annuities are always SOLD, but not often needed.

sunray
a man who knows
Sunray,
At some point , as we age, we are not able to form rational decisions.

I am not there and I don't think you are there.
I watched my Mom become less involved with bills and daily expenses, so I took over her checking account and paid her bills online. As long as there was food money, taxes paid and no annoying phone calls things were good.
[yeah i screwed up once, Mom was in a fright, I took an emergency 1/2 day off from work, took a credit card loan and drove Mom to the Town Clerk to pay the overdue tax in cash. We celebrated with a fancy take out dinner. But later I went to a bar, late, to down a few and stumble home.] horrors.

If you have a son or daughter to handle all your expenses and debts, Talk to him/her NOW. Before you are 70-80-90 and lose compitance.

I have no kids. At some point I will put my assets into a trust with a proper direction. A part of that will be an annuity for monthly expenses. And I will sign in to a retirement community and let other people cook and clean for me.
I watched my parents age and become less able. I cared for them. But be aware, it happens to Everyone.

jC - don't grow old
Advertisement