No. of Recommendations: 0

I'll be 54 in September and am getting ready to jump via 72t 1/1/01... [nice ring to it, huh?]

I've read alot about it, but haven't learned much about the paperwork requirements for IRS reporting.

How do I let them know what I'm doing? and stay out of trouble...

I'll have $425,000 [12/31/00 valuation], and using the Annualization Method @ 6% interest at age 54, [factor is 12.42... or should I be using the factor for age 55 since I will turn 55 during 2001?], so I figure I must take $34,219 annually, at least through age 59.5... right so far?

Early employer retirement will be about $8,000 or so a year, but I don't see this as having any bearing or effect, and not having any 72t considerations... right?

And I hope to avail myself [and spouse] of SSA benefits at 62... about $19,000 and change combined.. also no effect via 72t...right? This is after 59.5 anyway...

Thanks in advance for any and all help and/or suggestions!!

Print the post  


When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.