UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: joew3 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 75625  
Subject: 72t - SEPP from IRA Date: 3/14/1999 7:49 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I have seen a number of references that the "starting balance" of ones IRA used to calculate the appropriate withdraw amounts is supposed to be from the previous Dec 31st. Is that an IRS rule? What if I retire and receive my lump sum distribution mid-year, must I wait until the next year to start withdraws?

I am hoping the EOY date is 'only' a guideline and one could use another date.

Anyone know about this?

Thanks,

Joe
Print the post Back To Top
Author: TheBadger Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9136 of 75625
Subject: Re: 72t - SEPP from IRA Date: 3/15/1999 9:53 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
§72(t) SEPP computations are clearly a mine field of tactical issues; only one of which is the date of valuation. You may use any date of valuation you so chose (typically a month-end for which you receive a statement from a brokerage or mutual fund company) as long as the date of valuation preceeds the commencement of SEPP's.

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement