UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (12) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: xLife Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 134013  
Subject: 7.8 percent Date: 10/5/2012 4:13 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Not great, but what was the unemployment rate when Zero took office?
Print the post Back To Top
Author: jerryab Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 106884 of 134013
Subject: Re: 7.8 percent Date: 10/5/2012 4:28 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Not great, but what was the unemployment rate when Zero took office?

Invalid comparison.

New policies take about 1 year to begin having an effect. In order to compare *effectiveness of their policies*, it is necessary to start with Jan of the following year and go 4 yrs (GWB = Jan 2002 through Dec 2009, Obama = Jan 2010 through Dec 2013, and so on for ALL predecessors).

Author: NevadaGolfer Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 106901 of 134013
Subject: Re: 7.8 percent Date: 10/5/2012 10:17 PM
Recommendations: 1

Invalid comparison.

New policies take about 1 year to begin having an effect. In order to compare *effectiveness of their policies*, it is necessary to start with Jan of the following year and go 4 yrs (GWB = Jan 2002 through Dec 2009, Obama = Jan 2010 through Dec 2013, and so on for ALL predecessors).

What is the time frame for that 5.6% that Obama promised? Apparently you're saying it should happen about 1 year after Romney takes office and starts undoing Obama's damage.

Author: jerryab Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 106907 of 134013
Subject: Re: 7.8 percent Date: 10/5/2012 11:54 PM
What is the time frame for that 5.6% that Obama promised?

He did not promise it, so it is a nonsensical claim.

Apparently you're saying it should happen about 1 year after Romney takes office and starts undoing Obama's damage.

If Romney gets elected, I am fairly confident of another major economic crash. He has demonstrated he does not know how to *manage* a business.

Author: NevadaGolfer Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 106908 of 134013
Subject: Re: 7.8 percent Date: 10/6/2012 12:06 AM
Now that's just silly nonsense. There is no serious argument about Romney's business talent. It would have been funny though if you had suggested Romney after taking over will do a quick fix and sell us off to the Chinese for a profit.

Author: rbednarski Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 106909 of 134013
Subject: Re: 7.8 percent Date: 10/6/2012 12:20 AM
Reagan inherited a terrible economy stressed by BOTH unemployment AND high inflation and got it turned around in time to enjoy a landslide reelection bid. Considering he was old and stupid and Obama is the Light of the World, it is hard to figure how we are STILL is such a mess.

Or maybe it isn't.

Author: ggleblanc2 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 106913 of 134013
Subject: Re: 7.8 percent Date: 10/6/2012 8:00 AM
Some troll cooking the economic books.

According to these centrist moderates, no one ever looks forward economically. No one ever tries to anticipate the actions of the federal government when making plans for their business.

You can see business waiting to see who wins the Presidency in 2012 before they invest in anything.

Just like businesses began to lay people off in the summer of 2008 when they determined that Barack Obama would win the Presidency.

Remember,
Faith in God
Hope in the future based on knowing the truth
Charity to our fellow men and women
Duty to ourselves, our community, and our country.

Gilbert

Author: lowstudent Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 106915 of 134013
Subject: Re: 7.8 percent Date: 10/6/2012 8:05 AM

Many take more than one year.

Heck when you elect a true slimeball, most policies will not take effect until after their next election bid since they knew they are proposing stuff that folks will find distasteful but should accept for their own good.

Author: Jim2B Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 106929 of 134013
Subject: Re: 7.8 percent Date: 10/6/2012 12:15 PM
Recommendations: 4
Heck when you elect a true slimeball, most policies will not take effect until after their next election bid since they knew they are proposing stuff that folks will find distasteful but should accept for their own good.

Such as President Obama, who planned the tax increases for his health care plan to go into the effect the year after his re-election campaign.

Slick & slime ball policy that. Don't show the dupes what the plan really costs until it is too late for them to do anything about it.

Author: Matt1344 Big gold star, 5000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 106936 of 134013
Subject: Re: 7.8 percent Date: 10/6/2012 1:41 PM
Recommendations: 3
" Considering he was old and stupid and Obama is the Light of the World, it is hard to figure how we are STILL is such a mess."

Brings to mind a bit of scripture... http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=2%20Corinthians%...

"2 Corinthians 11:14-15

New American Standard Bible (NASB)

14 No wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light. 15 Therefore it is not surprising if his servants also disguise themselves as servants of righteousness, whose end will be according to their deeds."

And a bit of Reagan: http://www.youtube.com/embed/OvN1jTkzXbY?rel=0

God bless,

Ken

Author: warrl Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 106937 of 134013
Subject: Re: 7.8 percent Date: 10/6/2012 1:55 PM
2 Corinthians 11:14 No wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light.

Wasn't he Lucifer, the angel of light, before he fell and became Satan?

"Angel of light" wasn't a disguise - it was his true nature.

(I'm writing a story where the deity of light is, at best, the tester of mankind like Satan was in the Book of Job, and quite possibly evil. People flee from his face to take refuge and survive in the comforting darkness of the mother goddess.)

Author: Matt1344 Big gold star, 5000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 106939 of 134013
Subject: Re: 7.8 percent Date: 10/6/2012 2:25 PM
"Wasn't he Lucifer, the angel of light, before he fell and became Satan?"

He seems to be called several names, and yes he was an angel. So beautiful that his pride drove him to want to be equal to God... He is referred to as the serpent of old, the devil... Revelation spells out his end along with the rest of us.

Revelation is what is yet to come, although some argue it has already happened. So, if it yet to happen, Satan is still in heaven and has yet to be cast out.

Two references: http://www.biblegateway.com/quicksearch/?quicksearch=serpent...

" Revelation 12:9
And the great dragon was thrown down, the serpent of old who is called the devil and Satan, who deceives the whole world; he was thrown down to the earth, and his angels were thrown down with him.

Revelation 20:2
And he laid hold of the dragon, the serpent of old, who is the devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years;"

He is called the prince of the air in "Ephesians 2:1-3

New American Standard Bible (NASB)
Made Alive in Christ

2 And you [a]were dead [b]in your trespasses and sins, 2 in which you formerly walked according to the [c]course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, of the spirit that is now working in the sons of disobedience. 3 Among them we too all formerly lived in the lusts of our flesh, [d]indulging the desires of the flesh and of the [e]mind, and were by nature children of wrath, even as the rest."

Take care,

Ken

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (12) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement