UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: trader2012 Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 35339  
Subject: $80 Bucks an Hour? Date: 9/19/2012 1:22 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
Like most decent brokers, E*Trade updates account values in real time. Just now, surprised at how fast the values are changing, I subtracted the difference between when I first logged in this morning and just now and then prorated it over the time-period. Would you believe a gain of $80 bucks an hour, and, mind you, this is just one of my accounts? That’s absolutely insane and absolutely unsustainable. But that, also, reflects current sentiment.

With these moves from the ECB and BOJ coming on the heels of the Fed's announcement last week, U.S. investors are rethinking the weird new world. Jeff Kilburg, founder and CEO of Killir Kapital Managment has some simple advice: Buy. If you’re under-invested, you’re missing out.

"Analysts? They can go on vacation at least until after Christmas," Kilburg says in the attached video. "You can buy anything except the U.S. Dollar."
http://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/breakout/bank-japan-ecb-fed-r...

"Initially everyone was looking for the big bazooka," says Kilburg. "Ben dropped the A-bomb." More bullish still, at least in terms of asset prices, is that the stimulus can't be quickly unwound even if the Fed wanted. With unlimited QE and a stated intent to keep rates low through 2015, the Fed is going to help whether the market needs it or not.

With China thought to be a long-time currency manipulator and Japan, the ECB and Fed all doing so openly with their own paper, Kilburg says "It's the race to debase". "Everyone in the world is trying to bring their currency down." For now the U.S. is in the lead. Until that changes, Kilburg says that anytime the market is open is a good time to buy stocks.

Crazy, just crazy, and all the more reason to begin thinking a couple moves ahead to the time when the sugar high wears off.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: BFatConservative One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 34398 of 35339
Subject: Re: $80 Bucks an Hour? Date: 9/19/2012 2:00 PM
Recommendations: 0
My "getting greedy" alarm is starting to go off. When people start all but assuring good times, I get skittish. I'm not a day trader, but I think I will be doing some more than normal aggressive covered calls.

MjH

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement