No. of Recommendations: 5
http://www.buzzfeed.com/louispeitzman/amanda-palmer-pens-a-p...

Much of the response to the poem has been positive. User Dchase writes, "My heart breaks for him, there is no way to commit such an act of violence without becoming a victim of it yourself. My heart breaks for the hate I have seen all over the internet this last week, and the ignorance that goes with one group of people thinking they're righteous and some how better. Hate is hate."
----------------------------------------------------
Unfriggin'believable. Imagine the guy that got both of his legs blown off coming across this "poem" and having to read responses such as this, or the dad that lost his 8 year old son.
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1
Unfriggin'believable. Imagine the guy that got both of his legs blown off coming across this "poem" and having to read responses such as this, or the dad that lost his 8 year old son.

Sadly, even with this, lots and lots of folks still will not even start to realize who their actual enemies are.
No. of Recommendations: 2
It's quite unbelievable, but I think I understand this little bubble-land view of the world better now.

The hostile debates and disagreements between Republicans and Democrats, conservatives and liberals, are usually played in a game atmosphere, although some are dead serious and hostile. It's seeming ok for both sides to call others very bad names, sometimes routinely making fun of religious views or political positions, sometimes or even mostly in jest.

But there are few groups or religions that have been taken under the wing of Democrats like Muslims. Note, I amd not equating their silly comments to being in support of terrorists, not at all the case.

What I'm saying is that since Islam fights against the Western world, and hates Jews and Christians alike, not to mention constantly attacking US foreign policy, Democrats simply jumped on the train. It makes for a good argument to say Republicans are not tolerant, and hate other religions and countries. It's fodder for their liberal talking points.

What they don't realize, is that they seemingly come off as having indirect support for the mortal enemies of most of the civilized world. Forget that most Islamic countries engage in policies that virtually all Democratic countries find appalling, a growing group of Democrats almost always comes out swinging at the US and Christians after each such attack.

The debate now, which remains open for discussion, is the fairness of anyone that equates terrorism as a major problem with the world of Islam.
No. of Recommendations: 1
It's quite unbelievable...

Yes, it is. It's both ridiculous and disgusting. That may be it's intent.

The rest of your analysis is off-base, in my opinion. It's not political. Instead, what we have here is an idiotic "sensitive" artist empathizing with the emotional angst of a cute "19-year-old" terrorist for shock value and to draw attention to herself.

The debate now, which remains open for discussion, is the fairness of anyone that equates terrorism as a major problem with the world of Islam.

I don't think there's much of a debate over that. Terrorism is a huge problem in the world of Islam.
No. of Recommendations: 0
Instead, what we have here is an idiotic "sensitive" artist empathizing with the emotional angst of a cute "19-year-old" terrorist for shock value and to draw attention to herself.

Good point. What would she be writing if the terrorist looked like this?

http://enduringsense.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/ksm.jpg
We live in interesting times. People are deranged.
We live in interesting times. People are deranged.

Apparently so.

Americans "Snapping" by the Millions (see sublinks within the article)
http://www.wnd.com/2013/04/americans-snapping-by-the-million...

Personally, I vent here, so I don't need no stinkin' anti-depressants.
Advertisement