UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: kelbon Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 8754  
Subject: ••••••• Date: 2/8/2013 8:56 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 10
Although I've written a version before to try and explain why I post on TMF at all here's the latest incarnation.

I post because I find writing things down helps me focus my thoughts when I'm starting a thread, or responding to what another poster has written and/or posted.

I write my thoughts down because this seems to me the best way for me to (hopefully) become a better investor. What I write is not honed, or edited, for an audience. I have nothing to sell and have no interest in a popularity contest. I care little if people agree with me, I am concerned more with my own ruminations. If you read my posts you are, in a sense, eves dropping with my consent and permission. If you gain something, good. If you don't, then perhaps your time would be better spent elsewhere. If I irritate or enrage you, please put me on ignore. I'm not trying to make friends, I have real flesh and blood ones who don't see me in the light that some here do, but then again they're not privy to my thoughts and opinions the way that you are, they are not permitted to eves drop the way you are.

This might seem arrogant to some people, or inconsiderate, or just downright perverse, but it is honest. I've learnt a lot by just writing things down and thinking about what I've written. I've learnt a lot from intelligent interaction. I've learnt that some people just want to pick a fight, I'm not interested in that, but, being human I get sucked in anyway.

kelbon
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: jaroman Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7819 of 8754
Subject: Re: ••••••&# Date: 2/9/2013 3:46 PM
Recommendations: 1
Please keep your thoughts/writings up.
I have learned a lot from reading them.

Author: kelbon Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7822 of 8754
Subject: Re: ••••••&# Date: 2/9/2013 6:34 PM
Recommendations: 1
Please keep your thoughts/writings up.
I have learned a lot from reading them.

Thanks.

I think the best takeaway is to be an independent thinker. Just because something is presented in a persuasive or assertive way doesn't make it so. Even with the best intentions nobody can hit the nail on the head every time. It behooves a investor to think about and question the content of what they are reading. Of all the thousands of words I've written, perhaps this is the most useful thing I have to say.

kelbon

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement