Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By Toolishfoo

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 5/21/14 4:13 PM
  • Number: 2171
  • Recommendations: 1
From almost the very beginning of my investment career long ago I grasped the sell decision was a far greater magnitude of difficulty than its predecessor. The buy decision comes from a clean slate where deliberation can take as little or as much
(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/22/14 12:59 AM
  • Number: 10573
  • Recommendations: 5
I bot three 3-D printing stocks originally: DDD,SSYS, & XONE. Of the three XONE is the only one underwater having been purchased at $73; therefore, a further purchase at $31 makes sense in my portfolio. That aside, I spent an hour last week
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/17/14 12:06 PM
  • Number: 621
  • Recommendations: 0
I said I would wait for the MF re-evaluation. I did. I've also followed the MDP alert and sold my position today. I particularly don't like the downward pressure on oil prices seen in all the oil markets recently. I don't think the downward drift
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/14/14 11:20 AM
  • Number: 2457
  • Recommendations: 2
I endorse Dale's suggestion for the SOLD POSITION tab. I would like to see at least the holding's current price; I wouldn't mind seeing its % increase or decrease since the date of my sale.

Kent
  • Date: 1/8/14 1:01 PM
  • Number: 22727
Paul & Brian,

Many thanks for the worthwhile input. I suspected there was no complex formula or magic algorithm I had overlooked; you have confirmed same. Your advice is logical and sound. I am in process of repositioning my portfolio
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/8/14 4:08 AM
  • Number: 22724
  • Recommendations: 1
Thank you for addressing this topic. It leads me to pose a question about which I have never been comfortable with a definitive strategy.

Assume in a taxable account we own an income stock at a current yield of 4%. Over time to our good
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/4/14 6:07 PM
  • Number: 7062
  • Recommendations: 5
Billy issued his initial invitation Sep 2013. Only Becky was sufficiently brave to respond in October. It seems ProFools are a shy species. How dare I step forward into the glare perhaps wisely avoided by ProFools? It has to do with being an OldFool
(Continued...)
  • Date: 12/18/13 1:07 AM
  • Number: 597
I share gledmo's view. Should Dave's review turn up a fact(s) currently unconsidered I'll rethink. For me Denbury is an industry investment without siblings so I would rather hold than eliminate.
  • Date: 11/21/13 3:42 PM
  • Number: 1368
No Gordon ... you are definitely not alone in wondering about the absence of EP recommendations in the MF Financial Planning module. While still pondering this oddity I came to an initial guess that sector diversification weighed mightier than
(Continued...)
  • Date: 11/16/13 4:12 PM
  • Number: 1300
  • Recommendations: 2
My overall portfolio is a blend of investments characterised as a transition in progress. Aged 71 and firmly in retirement, my end game is a portfolio of securities yielding 5% on cost, which have consistently paid ever-increasing dividends and
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z