Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By hely74

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 4/2/14 3:29 PM
  • Number: 200
  • Recommendations: 0
I found the cause of my difficulty. My LEAP is in an IRA account. I never requested permissions in this account for spreads. I need that before I can leg into the spread. The two options I now have on Coach are the only options I have in that
(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/2/14 3:14 PM
  • Number: 198
  • Recommendations: 0
Henrik,

Thanks for the reply. Sorry I misstated the action on the covered call that I now have. I am fine with those shares being called away. What I wanted to confirm was actually If I needed another written call to stay in sync with
(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/2/14 2:28 PM
  • Number: 193
  • Recommendations: 0
I think I still suffer from tunnel vision. I wrote the AUG 14 $52.50 call per today's alert. I completely ignored the fact that I have both the $35 LEAP discussed in the alert as well as a 100 Share long position in Coach. The two positions are
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/26/14 3:54 PM
  • Number: 1779
  • Recommendations: 0
Fidelity does not charge to borrow shares if they have the shares on hand.  If they have to borrow them from another firm they pass that charge trough to you.  That 1.5% quoted is an annual rate, daily charge is about $.48 per 100 shares
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/19/14 1:10 PM
  • Number: 5996
  • Recommendations: 0
Kamran,

I have an example regarding continued investing without regard to stashing cash awaiting downturns in the market.  Like many people, I was in a 401k for several years.  All the cash that was put into the account purchased
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/19/14 9:19 AM
  • Number: 1633
  • Recommendations: 0
A few days ago TMF published an article, "Why Fidelity Wants You To Replace These ETF's" (Continued...)
  • Date: 3/12/14 12:15 PM
  • Number: 42
  • Recommendations: 0
That first group of buyers on today's recommendation surely did not use limit orders. Then they start to follow the bid/ask price up. I can wait until the price gets back to or below guidance.

Henry
  • Date: 2/27/14 2:53 PM
  • Number: 1036
  • Recommendations: 0
Bob,

Thanks for the reply. I see that I need another point or so on the stock price to help with that. I also see days skipped on these options actually having trades close. I guess I should just be patient.

Henry
  • Date: 2/27/14 1:08 PM
  • Number: 1034
  • Recommendations: 0
I need some help with this position.

This is my first Bull Call Spread. I bought the Jan -15 $55 call and sold the Jan-15 $60 call. I am not sure if there is anything I should do with it. I am at my max gain and do not see a reason to
(Continued...)
  • Date: 2/11/14 7:58 AM
  • Number: 954
  • Recommendations: 1
Tom,
I agree that a sharp increase in Netflix will make me question my decision to reduce my position, but not that much. In general once I make a decision I just move forward. Failing to make the decision hurts much more, especially on a sale
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z