Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By hely74

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 5/25/16 10:39 AM
  • Number: 13227
  • Recommendations: 0
Barry,

"The number I watch most in my margin account is not the running balance at any one time -- though that's nice, too. Rather, I watch the buying power line (your broker may also refer to this as "excess equity").
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/24/16 5:58 PM
  • Number: 4475
Helen,

I simplified the tracking issues I thought I had. Once I defined the requirements I had, I found most of it was already available.

I keep an Excel file of all strategies I have been involved with. I keep the overall
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/10/16 9:38 AM
  • Number: 654
Good question. I take this as just one more forgotten stock within HG. I have had several winners and losers off this stock list. All that I can suggest is that you have to do your own research on these companies. Often you must sell your losers
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/2/16 11:24 AM
  • Number: 8135
  • Recommendations: 1
Hi SS,

Thanks for responding to this important article. This is an ongoing issue, you certainly are not alone. I don't know of anyone that hasn't made mistakes, I know I have. I think that is proof that TMFTortise's article was well worth
(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/27/16 11:09 AM
  • Number: 503
  • Recommendations: 1
Sj,

I am glad that you were able to follow up on this one. Since I am the master of having things fall through the crack, I understand how that happens.

I do want to know if there is a plan, process or procedure for follow-up on
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/17/16 1:22 PM
  • Number: 1988
I put a net credit order in for $1.30. The order was filled as soon as it went in, I thought I messed up by not asking for more. I guess I was just there at the right time.

I always use a limit order for a higher price then suggested when
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/8/16 5:10 PM
  • Number: 570
Anand,

I am taking a slightly different approach. I wrote July $17.50 Puts for $1.71 after commissions today. I like current income. A little risky but a possible healthy return. I break even at $15.79. I expect to continue writing puts
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/2/16 3:52 PM
  • Number: 1539
Make that March Roll
  • Date: 3/2/16 3:50 PM
  • Number: 1538
Bill,

I think you have a typo in the More That Matters: Follow up; "In March" probably should be "In June"

Doesn't matter much today, but could be confusing later.

Henry
  • Date: 2/23/16 11:15 AM
  • Number: 735
Timely post. Just wrote a call for COH @ $37 for a credit of $2.87.

Henry
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z