Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By XMFYoda

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 6/17/14 9:23 PM
  • Number: 548
  • Recommendations: 8
Selling is a more difficult decision than buying. A company's story evolves, and its price usually changes too. You are sitting there having to evaluate which one changed more, and whether or not the difference is even significant.

One of
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/20/14 1:33 AM
  • Number: 774
  • Recommendations: 9
Fletch,

A tour de force.

I'll add an observation on the reserves. BOFI's reserves are low for good reason:

BOFI's loans have been performing very nicely.

Referring to data from CapIQ, nonperforming loans as a
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/24/14 4:49 PM
  • Number: 446
  • Recommendations: 2
And now, all of that fancy head scratching just might amount to nothing. Without a noticeable move in the price, volume today is reported as 886,371 shares, with apparently 99% of that volume hitting 3:45pm. It seems impossible for a trade of that
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/23/14 12:20 PM
  • Number: 444
  • Recommendations: 0
Oops. Make that a 2-year high.

Sorry,
Mark
  • Date: 1/23/14 11:09 AM
  • Number: 443
  • Recommendations: 1
Forrest,

Natural gas prices have had a nice pop in the last couple days. Looks like we just set a new 1-year high. ( (Continued...)
  • Date: 1/21/14 12:50 PM
  • Number: 439
  • Recommendations: 0
Hi Forrest,

The seller was Anadarko.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/12/30/vanguard-offer-idU...

Best,
Mark
  • Date: 1/21/14 12:46 PM
  • Number: 438
  • Recommendations: 10
I like Double Eagle. Plenty of risk here, of course. You don't fall from $10 to $2 while the indexes are on a tear without cause for concern. But, I think we have a buy what's hated opportunity instead of a dead cat bounce. So, I was debating
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/2/13 12:31 AM
  • Number: 10121
  • Recommendations: 3
Dave,

More thought, from the questions you posed for Jeff, who could answer better than I, but offering my 2 cents in the interim...

First, does the rate of contango exceed the rate of TV depreciation of an OTM VXX LEAP? Is
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/1/13 11:17 PM
  • Number: 10119
  • Recommendations: 3
Dave,

I definitely think worry is an appropriate component of a VXX short. As for the underperformance of VXX relative to VIX, over long enough periods it is huge, which is great for shorts -- but there are times that relationship reverses
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/1/13 11:51 AM
  • Number: 10114
  • Recommendations: 2
As Jeff mentioned ( http://boards.fool.com/1228/one-should-just-rememember-that-... ), the VIX can jump, and shorting VXX with the VIX as low as
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z