Show Latest Posts:

The 30 Most Recent Messages By DeagolTheStoor

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 11/1/01 5:15 PM
  • Number: 515
  • Recommendations: 0
jrr7: So that could mean "go 5 counterclockwise" or "go 4 clockwise".
In that case, the order of floggings would be BCNWFLJ, again leaving Stingo as the survivor.

Also, if you "go 5 counterclockwise"
(Continued...)
  • Date: 10/17/01 5:52 PM
  • Number: 58562
Can't get the conference either, but here's a snippet...
http://cbs.marketwatch.com/tvradio/ (link below those old talking heads)

Deagol
  • Date: 10/17/01 5:28 PM
  • Number: 58556
Apparently, they've warned for Q1 "at least 1.4 rev, .10 EPS," but I'd like to hear what Fred has to say about it...
  • Date: 10/17/01 1:34 PM
  • Number: 58535
What will the earnings per share be for Q4? - Jim

Oh man, this is so weird. I'm stuck again between 19 and 23 cents. Hmmm… considering all that's gone through, I'll take 19 (but hope for 23).

Deagol
  • Date: 8/4/01 3:45 PM
  • Number: 54591
  • Recommendations: 1
BTW: there is no computer system referenced in the Marriage commercial... it's a SOFTWARE commercial... the only hardware featured is a home DVD player... - B*mann

Actually, it's one of the new G4's.

http://a772.g.akamai.net/7/772/51/bb04e74dca30e5/www.apple.com/quicktime/home/images/promos/idvd_promo3.jpg
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/19/01 5:14 PM
  • Number: 53848
  • Recommendations: 41
Considering that the reason behind the 100M topline miss is the inventory reduction in PowerMacs, I wasn't that much off at http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=15384099. At least I was
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/17/01 3:16 AM
  • Number: 53479
  • Recommendations: 4
I was mainly wondering how you achieved your numbers. What kinds of sales were factored in? How do you think the iMac, iBook, and TiPB lines are going to do? My gut tells me apple is going to do well, but I find the variables to be all over the
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/15/01 2:25 AM
  • Number: 53406
  • Recommendations: 2
In another post (#53002) I said:
I'm feeling lucky today. I swear I wasn't trying when I nailed the 3rd one below. So, to continue my experiments with prognostication, I'm sharing the number that is speaking to me right now... 19... or is it
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/5/01 1:18 PM
  • Number: 53002
I'm feeling lucky today. I swear I wasn't trying when I nailed the 3rd one below. So, to continue my experiments with prognostication, I'm sharing the number that is speaking to me right now... 19... or is it 23? Hmmm... It seems I like primes too
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/5/01 12:46 PM
  • Number: 53000
  • Recommendations: 16
OK. Let's see what happens in the marketplace. UR

That's the only statement you've said worth taking seriously. I'll let B*Mann debate the rest of your pointless diatribe.

In fact, the marketplace has already responded: amid the
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/15/01 11:25 PM
  • Number: 454
... especially thanks to DeagolTheStoor - does that handle have a specific meaning, by the way :-)

You're welcome. I was glad I had the formulas at hand.

About my handle, it's a long story, and I'll probably botch it, but here
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/29/01 10:45 AM
  • Number: 420
oops, as usual, something always goes wrong, especially at that time in the morning. Where I said:

2. Use another (not so hideous) formula to determine the current value of your 5 $200 payments:
payments = (Future
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/29/01 7:40 AM
  • Number: 418
I am seeking the calculation to determine the equivalence point between a loan with fixed-rate simple interest and another loan with fixed-rate compound interest whose rate is lower than the first loan but where the APR may be the equivalent
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/25/01 9:02 AM
  • Number: 50458
How could I be such a Fool to miss that!
Pleeeze correct me if iAm wrong......where is the 1.44 floppy!!!!
Think Different
-------------------
try the smithsonian
bh

The exhibition might look somewhat like this: http://www.compustory.com/Personal_Computers.jpg
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/25/01 4:17 AM
  • Number: 416
This isn't exactly investment-oriented as most of these posts appear to be, but....

I need to find an equation for transforming spherical coordinates—relocate the z-axis and xy plane. Dug through an old math book and found one for

(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/25/01 5:26 PM
  • Number: 47657
iJoel:
I don't know what the red/green bars on the left side of the chart mean. Anybody know?

Volume by price: The green part is up-volume, the red is down-volume, for a given price range.

Happy charting
Deagol
  • Date: 4/25/01 4:00 PM
  • Number: 47652
I had not realized how usefull that "Big Picture" feature from c|net really is.

In the same vein as my previous post #47643, here's an extract of what was going on in those good old days. The similarities are remarkable, to say the
(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/25/01 1:46 PM
  • Number: 47643
Study this chart:

(The damn link doesn't show correctly. Just copy & paste the whole thing enclosed in brackets.)

<http://stockcharts.com/def/servlet/SharpChartv05.ServletDriver?chart=aapl,uu[w,a
(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/20/01 3:52 PM
  • Number: 47142
RoshanCat:
Obviously you need some Math lessons, why is 80% important here. You could apply 20% & still prove what I was trying to say

Allow me to instruct you:

20 new users, assuming no changes in market share:
19 PCs - 1
(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/19/01 10:17 PM
  • Number: 47046
RoshanCat:
Summary:
Apple sells 6 Macs, PC's sell 94(realistic 94-6 split consistent with IDC)
Apples sells 4 to new users, 1 to a previous PC user, 1 upgrade

I can't believe no one has spotted the flagrant fault of this
(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/19/01 9:33 AM
  • Number: 46926
  • Recommendations: 5
CNBC: "All right Steve, please feel free to come on Business Center first and tell us about all those new projects, will you?"

Steve (hesitates): "Okay ... he, he, ..." (nervously)

CNBC
(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/18/01 4:52 PM
  • Number: 46760
I'll be the first to admit it: that was pretty lucky of me to come up with that number more than 2 weeks ago @45394. However, I'm really not that surprised that Apple pulled it off in that way. You could feel it in the air.

Apples' Fools, you
(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/18/01 10:40 AM
  • Number: 376
jfruhbauer:

My mom has asked me if it is better to invest her $10k at:
5.1% APY, compounding daily or
5.25 APY, compounding quarterly

I know how to do this if it is a full year, but her options are to invest the money (and NOT

(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/31/01 7:02 PM
  • Number: 45463
Oh well, I guess I should've known it would be hard to get my point through.

At what point does a joke become chain mail.

At the point where it says "please pass this announcement to all other Internet users,"
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/31/01 11:39 AM
  • Number: 45443
err... perhaps there was a misunderstanding... after rereading my post, I see that my use of the 1st person may have offended someone... if so, I apologize.

Let me make clear from the outset that none of my harsh words are directed to
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/30/01 7:55 PM
  • Number: 45421
Open message to Mr. Yuben T. Ricked (did anyone, really?)

This kind of foolery may seem like a nice laugh, but it can be very dangerous: unfortunately, there are quite a few gullible newbies that will actually disconnect. The goal of such
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/30/01 2:32 PM
  • Number: 45394
  • Recommendations: 9
I think the point that was being made was that a jump from 20% to 30% in PB sales could mean (in part) that sales of all other systems are below expectations, allowing the TiPB to make up a larger percent of the pie than would normally be the
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 27

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z