Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By salaryguru

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 6/26/17 7:19 PM
  • Number: 105033
  • Recommendations: 0
Ata maximum corporate rate of 25% they still pay 75% of the costs.

Right. Providing healthcare is still a cost to them. The issue is whether that cost is worth it for what they get. My own belief is that it already is not worth
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/26/17 6:13 PM
  • Number: 105025
  • Recommendations: 3
There is no costless change, despite how much single-payer advocates wish that health insurers were the real big expense in the system.

There will be available costless changes. Healthcare will not suddenly become cheap and there
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/26/17 5:51 PM
  • Number: 105022
I just don't pretend that there's a "free lunch," where we can suddenly extend market-rate to the tens of millions of uninsured, the tens of millions of Medicaid recipients, and the tens of millions of Medicare recipients and
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/26/17 5:48 PM
  • Number: 105021
  • Recommendations: 1
Quibble. Depends on the state.

No. It's still far more difficult - even for big states. Insurance companies are national (or international) organizations while they are regulated at the state level. States have regulatory
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/26/17 5:42 PM
  • Number: 2163275
Ya know what? I don't think you actually want freedom.
I think you just want a storybook and a warm glass of milk.

Pretty low even for you.
  • Date: 6/26/17 5:28 PM
  • Number: 105013
  • Recommendations: 2
Which is fine....but in every other industrialized country, that's accomplished by never letting the healthcare sector grow to 17% of GDP in the first place.

I can see that you passionately believe that this is the magic reason
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/26/17 5:16 PM
  • Number: 105011
  • Recommendations: 2
If you can't do this in Vermont or California, you're not going to be able to do it anywhere unless a crisis compels it.

Doing it in a state is far more difficult than doing nation wide.
  • Date: 6/26/17 4:47 PM
  • Number: 105005
  • Recommendations: 0
We don't have a great track record in forcing politically powerful and well organized folks (like the nations hospitals, doctors, nurses, SEIU employees, and the like) to accept those types of specific hardships for the greater
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/26/17 4:27 PM
  • Number: 105003
The subsidy for employer based insurance is enormous. It is, I believe, the single biggest tax deduction. Employers like it because it gives them a virtual death lock on employees.

Yes. And it would take time for that subsidy
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/26/17 4:08 PM
  • Number: 104998
They didn't have the votes for that.

That's probably true, but I think the entire healthcare debate might have gone very differently if Democrats had proposed what would have been a much simpler, fairer Medicare for all
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z