Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By salaryguru

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 5/25/15 5:57 PM
  • Number: 69482
  • Recommendations: 0
...The result is a job market flooded with well-qualified police officer candidates who served in Iraq and Afghanistan...

I really question the use of the term "well-qualified". Somehow the experience of taking
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/25/15 5:44 PM
  • Number: 69481
  • Date: 5/25/15 5:17 PM
  • Number: 69479
Don't be so defensive. Sheesh.

Well . . . that really made me laugh.

Every mode of travel - every type of trip - has its good points and its bad points.

Hmmm . . . Isn't that all I have ever said in this
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/25/15 2:56 PM
  • Number: 69469
AM, You should never travel anywhere unless it is an RV or on a cruise ship. The limitations of RV camping do not apply to you and you will never miss the wilderness that you can't get to in your RV. Further, it is not important to me that you
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/25/15 1:07 AM
  • Number: 69446
Claiming "only" is a strawman.

No. It's kinda what the article and OP was about that started this thread.

True on transcontinental flights. Not true on the great majority of flights (which are short haul)
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/24/15 8:41 PM
  • Number: 2000674
Fear played a part in WWII...

Fear has played a part in almost every war in human history. Fear is a very important and primitive emotion. Without it, evolution of the species would have taken a very different
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/24/15 7:45 PM
  • Number: 69438
  • Recommendations: 1
I'm not sure it's an "either - or".

I never said it was. I simply pointed out that if (as the article implied) the thing that determines how you will travel is sheets and toilets and TV remotes that you can feel good about
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/24/15 6:49 PM
  • Number: 69435
  • Recommendations: 2
Wow! I've mostly given up pointing out the flaws in Art's arguments for life after death. He simply digs in and quotes more scientists out of context and more death bed con artists about their "studies". He clearly has never studied
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/24/15 6:14 PM
  • Number: 2000653
  • Recommendations: 1
The decision to go to war is far to important to allow fear or emotion to play a part.

Well . . . there's stupid, and there's painfully stupid.

It is precisely because the decision to go to war is so important that fear, as
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/24/15 5:36 PM
  • Number: 2000646
  • Recommendations: 26
...I'm kind of surprised you are defending this guy. I expected better from you.

If you are really surprised at this bit of hypocrisy, I think you haven't been reading Mom's posts for very long. Logic and core values don't have much
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z