Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By OrmontUS

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 4/20/18 12:42 PM
  • Number: 535025
  • Recommendations: 1
Not meaning to get involved in any political discussion, but the Democrats just sued the Trump Election Committee, the Russians and Wikileaks.

(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/20/18 12:21 PM
  • Number: 535020
Because I travel a "bit", I receive regular security updates from the US State Department. I do not remember receiving one regarding China.

Game on. I just received the following from the US Department of State:

China,
(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/20/18 11:44 AM
  • Number: 535017
  • Recommendations: 2
The following is anecdotal and simply based on personal discussions I've had with kids in Shanghai and Beijing.

One of the reasons that Apple sales are down in China is that the Chinese "home grown" phones are demonstrably
(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/19/18 9:23 PM
  • Number: 197616
  • Recommendations: 2
Sheesh - most people live behind routers which, should a sophisticated attacker want to spend the effort, likely offer little protection (one has only to peek at the Snowden stuff to understand this). That said, there are few of us who are going to
(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/19/18 1:26 PM
  • Number: 534963
https://www.top500.org/list/2017/06/?page=1

China in top two positions (by an order of magnitude or two), followed by the Swiss. Facebook/NVIIEA at position 31/32 may be fastest
(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/18/18 6:04 PM
  • Number: 534917
  • Recommendations: 5
Took in the Broadway play this afternoon; "The Band's Visit".

I'm a big fan of foreign films as I don't think Hollywood has an exclusive on good storylines. In that context, a few years ago I ran across a film called
(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/18/18 9:06 AM
  • Number: 197611
I would hope they do (as do the North Koreans, the Israelis, MI5/MI6, the Chinese et al), but that doesn't mean that we have to make it easy for some unknown entity (or the Russians if you prefer) to make use of our network for nefarious
(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/17/18 7:41 PM
  • Number: 534879
Oh yeah:

Also, load all the operating system and application security updates/patches available from the manufacturer for your equipment.

Jeff
  • Date: 4/17/18 7:40 PM
  • Number: 197604
Short story is the increasing presence of the "Internet of Things" where everything from your wristwatch, picture frame, cell phone, nanny-cam, Fitbit, door lock, car, etc., etc. has created a myriad of security issues. Each of these
(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/17/18 7:35 PM
  • Number: 534877
  • Recommendations: 7
Short story is the increasing presence of the "Internet of Things" where everything from your wristwatch, picture frame, cell phone, nanny-cam, Fitbit, door lock, car, etc., etc. has created a myriad of security issues. Each of these
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z