Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By OrmontUS

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 7/17/18 5:46 PM
  • Number: 44130
  • Recommendations: 4
Not wanting to belabor things, but I would simply point out that the US equity market has never been able to weather an inversion of interest rates (for example when the 2 year Treasury rate is higher than the 30 year rate). You can use it as an
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/14/18 3:20 PM
  • Number: 540367
  • Recommendations: 7
While China has expanded its reach somewhat eastward by building the new islands, strategically it is important that they be able to protect their mineral interests which stretch across Africa, culminating at the port of Maputo, Mozambique as well
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/14/18 9:17 AM
  • Number: 540354
  • Recommendations: 2
https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/13/asia/china-new-destroyers-int...

China is slowly building towards the ability to project power world-wide.

Jeff
  • Date: 7/12/18 10:01 AM
  • Number: 23565
  • Recommendations: 0
Malaoshi,

If you like the specialty restaurants, you can frequently get additional same-day reservations (in the morning at the reservation desk on the buffet deck, or just showing up when the restaurant first opens for the
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/8/18 7:01 PM
  • Number: 539974
  • Recommendations: 1
I can live on that in Brooklyn - but then I'm only in Brooklyn about three months a year, so my cost of living is "a bit" higher :-)

Jeff
(Currently in Lisbon, Portugal)
  • Date: 7/6/18 10:52 AM
  • Number: 539820
  • Recommendations: 3
A possible scenario is that Iran feels that the US is threatening its existence and re-starts its nuclear development program. At that point, the US can say "Aha! we told you they couldn't be trusted!".

The question, as in
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/3/18 2:06 PM
  • Number: 23557
  • Recommendations: 1
OK - Here's how I made out:

1) Delta refunded ticket cost, admitted no responsibility, but gave us each an additional 20K air miles.

2) Just received (close enough to) full refund from safari lodge by bank wire.

So
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/25/18 10:32 PM
  • Number: 539190
Sheesh! I turn my back on you guys/gals for a couple of days and you let the market go to seed?

:-)

Jeff
  • Date: 6/25/18 10:30 PM
  • Number: 539189
NYC (and I imagine some others) has much of its higher priced housing stock in the hands of absentee foreigners, thereby pressuring all prices down the line. Vancouver, faced with the same, placed an absentee surplus on all housing transactions -
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/22/18 10:49 AM
  • Number: 538999
  • Recommendations: 0
PF,

Sounds like a description of some of the blind dates I went on in High School :-)

**** Not signed ****
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z