Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recommended Messages By OrmontUS

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 1/14/09 2:01 PM
  • Number: 274450
  • Recommendations: 158
Wendy was in the OR for about 2 hours. She's in the recovery room and preliminary report based on nurses station screen indicates that tumor was benign.

She's going to be spending three days in the hospital. I have encouraged her to spend
(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/17/09 8:13 AM
  • Number: 288219
  • Recommendations: 112
OK guys,

SonnyPage was kind enough to let us peek inside his kamono. That was gracious of him and gave us rare insight.

PLEASE GIVE THE GUY A BREAK

Whatever you think you would have done if under the same conditions as
(Continued...)
  • Date: 12/20/12 10:32 PM
  • Number: 411880
  • Recommendations: 103
This post is not meant as a call to arms or to justify a positions. It is merely a cry of frustration at a nation which is no longer unique in as many respects as its citizens feel it is (and some of its uniqueness is now undesirable). While some
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/14/09 10:00 AM
  • Number: 303195
  • Recommendations: 98
There have recently been a number of threads showing parallels and divergences between our current economic situation and differences in infrastructure between the US and other parts of the world. I'm going to leave the economic picture aside. I'm
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/4/10 1:19 PM
  • Number: 335274
  • Recommendations: 89
First let me thank the members of METaR who actively (of list) helped me with good information and solace during the challenges that my mother-in-law went through recently.

The following is meant to be instructive, though some might find
(Continued...)
  • Date: 2/14/10 6:05 PM
  • Number: 319932
  • Recommendations: 84
I was tempted to scatter responses all over METAR and half of Georgia, but I thought it worthwhile to have a unified discussion about the risks and rewards likely to be seen over the next year. The posts have become interesting in the
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/11/17 8:43 PM
  • Number: 516392
  • Recommendations: 70
I've been to over 100 countries over the past few years and, while some might think the following statements are subjective, I truly feel that they pretty objective:

1) Every industrialized country, except the US, as well as many
(Continued...)
  • Date: 10/16/08 9:21 AM
  • Number: 260486
  • Recommendations: 70
Annecdotaly, I use credit cards (cash back rebates) in my business for buying stuff from outfits where we don't have an account. While it's a relatively small componant of our purchases, it reaches low to mid six figures per month. We treat the
(Continued...)
  • Date: 11/1/12 1:01 PM
  • Number: 407431
  • Recommendations: 68
Thank you for thinking of us. We are fine. Electricity is still out (though may come back today). Phone is out, cell phone just started working last night, internet is out, TV needs electric, etc.

The street level (we are on the seventh
(Continued...)
  • Date: 11/25/12 5:15 PM
  • Number: 409563
  • Recommendations: 66
Again I find myself agreeing with a post by Yoda.

As I've mentioned here before, when I ran my business, I used to pay my employees based on what it would cost me to replace them (and their knowledge base in the context of the business).
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z