Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recommended Messages By Rayvt

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 12/10/99 6:55 PM
  • Number: 49063
  • Recommendations: 1134
<<I think that both you and Doug are underestimating the number of people *already* using the MI screens. >>

Ok, let's try and see.

Everybody who reads this:
click on RECOMMEND for this post (once only,
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/28/07 11:55 PM
  • Number: 201658
  • Recommendations: 155
Hi, y'all. After a several year hiatus from the Motley Fool, I'm back. Good timing, too---TMF evidently just recently opened the boards back up for free. Thanks to MoeBruin for shooting me an invite so I can post instead of just read. Who
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/27/00 12:41 AM
  • Number: 78174
  • Recommendations: 96
<<i agree, i found the same thing when i first came to the FOOL. i normally use caps because it's easier to type and read. but a bunch of whiners think i'm screaming or some sort of computer nonsense. >>

The use of either all caps
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/31/01 10:00 PM
  • Number: 97594
  • Recommendations: 94
Moe said:
You were trying lots of things that were a little different then many of us like Reverse Scaling investing and not buying monthly screens.

I'm curious if you have any good lesson learns from the past year (i.e. both good and

(Continued...)
  • Date: 9/18/01 10:42 AM
  • Number: 107298
  • Recommendations: 81
<<First, effective resolution must always be voluntary.>>
What if one side does not "volunteer"? What if one side says that the only resolution they will accept is the extermination of the other side?

<< To
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/4/16 6:32 PM
  • Number: 80010
  • Recommendations: 77
1,000 people 50 or older, approaching retirement or retired, found that 23 percent would change when they started drawing Social Security to a later age.

Um, people under 62 don't have the option of taking SS at all, so they
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/27/00 12:29 AM
  • Number: 78171
  • Recommendations: 68
<<IMFO* the snide tone I see directed toward newbies by certain regulars on this board is unwarranted. >>

Well, chris319 (a registered fool since May 2000), maybe the regulars are exasperated by the newbies coming to the advanced
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/28/07 11:56 PM
  • Number: 201659
  • Recommendations: 66
Okay, how'd I do it?
How did I--in ten years--go from a $20k initial bankroll taken from a cash-out refi on our house to being able to retire with an income equal to my [previous] salary. While continuing to work at my day job.

I
(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/6/13 1:04 PM
  • Number: 242611
  • Recommendations: 58
Let'n not lose focus on the key point of the OP:
I'm 70 this year, and my wife, who does not care much for hands-on investing, is likely to survive me by several years. She is interested in learning an easy to apply yearly ...
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/6/02 12:41 AM
  • Number: 119571
  • Recommendations: 57
If anybody cares, the travails of building our custom home are finally (mostly) over. Here's the link to our web page with the pictures. Also are some modest suggestions for things to consider when building or buying a non-starter
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z