Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By malaoshi

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 12/19/14 6:02 PM
  • Number: 886541
  • Recommendations: 21
I have decided that some of the best gifts I've ever received have been tea towels...or do Americans call them dish cloths? I forget.

But...
if one of my students gives me a tea towel from his or her country, I always remember that
(Continued...)
  • Date: 12/18/14 11:15 AM
  • Number: 445511
  • Recommendations: 0
Wow. Thanks for that. Very interesting.
  • Date: 12/17/14 11:48 PM
  • Number: 62970
  • Recommendations: 1
Beautiful photography...
I also make notecards for myself of favorite photos, but my photos next to yours look like kindergarten art work.

Thanks for showing them.

Maryanne
  • Date: 12/16/14 9:42 AM
  • Number: 62905
  • Recommendations: 0
We are constantly amazed by our new little hometown of downtown Pleasanton, CA...tree lined streets, easy for oldies, outdoor restaurants, farmers market, library, bus to BART for SF, Berkeley Rep, etc but I think housing might be costly.
San
(Continued...)
  • Date: 12/10/14 8:01 PM
  • Number: 886402
  • Recommendations: 7
DH was working in his home office, with a client on Skype, and the volume was up. I knew they were discussing the client's acquisition/merger situation.

DH: .. So that will actually leave you with a personal financial increase of a healthy
(Continued...)
  • Date: 12/2/14 8:14 PM
  • Number: 62228
  • Recommendations: 3
Our first year of marriage we (still Brits) drove across the States from Mass to California. We camped by the side of our little MGB or got a place in a campground. But our tent blew away in Texas so we just slept outside.

One night my
(Continued...)
  • Date: 12/1/14 8:25 PM
  • Number: 62168
  • Recommendations: 2
I am so sad for you, and so sorry that I cannot be physically near you as a neighbor, to help in some way through this hard time. Love helps you care for him but it also means you hurt more, both for him and for you....
Sending a cyber
(Continued...)
  • Date: 11/23/14 5:17 PM
  • Number: 444949
  • Recommendations: 1
Go Gabby...and go Great Uncle Paul!

My great uncle Paul Jaray, was one, if not the first, manufacturer in mass of the recumbent bike he had reengineered...he sold 2000 of them and then someone had a fatal accident and manufacturing stopped.
(Continued...)
  • Date: 11/18/14 8:48 PM
  • Number: 444786
  • Recommendations: 24
Just realized that this is one of the only boards I really enjoy these days... interesting posters, often good food for thought, nice humor, some news items I need to know, and completely free of the vitriolic tone that many other boards seem to
(Continued...)
  • Date: 11/16/14 8:29 PM
  • Number: 308814
  • Recommendations: 2
Great to see your name again!.(Maybe I haven't been on the same boards..)

Congrats on the possibility of your new home!

Having just sold and bought again in the Bay Area I am well aware of the costs in this area.

We have
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z