Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By rationalwalk

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 2/2/14 5:57 PM
  • Number: 208411
  • Recommendations: 4
Nothing was taken out of context and I posted a link enabling anyone to review his statements for themselves. Disagreement and debate is the entire purpose of discussing anything here. Calling people idiots and mudslinging is something others have
(Continued...)
  • Date: 2/2/14 1:02 PM
  • Number: 208404
  • Recommendations: 2
Additionally, you thought Berkshire was worth 1.7 times book in early 2009, which hardly differs from my view of 1.8 times book.

Wow, I guess you got me!

Looks like a smoking gun right there indicating that I am
(Continued...)
  • Date: 2/2/14 12:28 PM
  • Number: 208401
Post your audited investment returns and I'll post mine and we'll see who the real idiot is.

First off, my investment returns are none of your business. There is not a person on this earth who I owe that information to other than
(Continued...)
  • Date: 2/2/14 11:31 AM
  • Number: 208399
  • Recommendations: 38
BTW, bearmarketbully, you have zero credibility on Berkshire (or much else) based on your comments over the past year, easily found with a query on http://datahelper.com/mi/search.phtml. Frankly,
(Continued...)
  • Date: 2/2/14 11:18 AM
  • Number: 208398
  • Recommendations: 1
By the way, please pass along whatever it is you've been smoking. I'd love to try it.

Ah, Sunday morning internet trolling. I can see why you might be looking for escape through illegal means if this is your alternate source of
(Continued...)
  • Date: 2/2/14 11:11 AM
  • Number: 208397
  • Recommendations: 0
You disagree with me that Berkshire is worth 1.8 to 2.0 times book yet like Progressive at 2.3 times book?

Berkshire is a conglomerate comprised of many different insurance businesses (of which GEICO is only a part) as well as a
(Continued...)
  • Date: 2/2/14 10:58 AM
  • Number: 208394
As for "get rich slowly", I think the consensus around here seems to be that Berkshire will modestly outperform the market for quite some time. And not too many consistently beat the market by much for a long period of
(Continued...)
  • Date: 2/2/14 10:45 AM
  • Number: 208392
PGR's earning and stock price in the past 10 years barely move. Why is it a good business to own from a pure financial point of view?

According to Google Finance, it is true that Progressive's stock price is up only $2.58 over the
(Continued...)
  • Date: 2/2/14 10:15 AM
  • Number: 208390
  • Recommendations: 1
Mr. Money Mustache

It is an interesting site that I found recently myself and he has some good pointers for saving money on things like cell phone plans. But I struggle to understand how anyone can support a family of three on
(Continued...)
  • Date: 2/2/14 10:03 AM
  • Number: 208389
How about a new format for the annual meeting with six seats up front: Warren Buffett, Charlie Munger, Ted Weschler, Todd Combs, Tracy Britt Cool, and Ajit Jain?

Obviously Buffett and Munger would continue to answer most of the questions
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z