Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By putnid

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 7/20/15 7:03 PM
  • Number: 10364
  • Recommendations: 22
I bought a little bit of ABMD after Saul mentioned it in this board, but just sold it. - ZZ

Disclosure: Doctors have told me I should consider stents, given that I suffer from atherosclerosis (in my case, it's genetic - my Father
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/15/15 8:37 AM
  • Number: 2281
  • Recommendations: 0
I am opening positions in order of Highest to lowest yield - AdamGalas

You might find this article interesting (all about a dividend portfolio):

http://tinyurl.com/o2vw44w
  • Date: 7/14/15 9:20 PM
  • Number: 77927
  • Recommendations: 45
Once I stepped away from the corporate grind (more than a decade ago)

Would you mind expounding on this a bit?

I walked away from the consulting world at age 50, in the year 2000. I was far more than just weary. I
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/13/15 9:00 PM
  • Number: 77925
  • Recommendations: 3
PF (sad to be have been driven out of the classroom; happy to be out of the cesspool education has become)

Once I stepped away from the corporate grind (more than a decade ago) I seriously considered becoming a teacher. A science
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/13/15 8:41 PM
  • Number: 22594
  • Recommendations: 1
Hi, 11x. I don't know if you were thinking of me when you posed your question, but I have posted a few times about the solar sector and ENPH in particular, both here and over at Saul's. I recently posted a fairly lengthy comment about ENPH on
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/13/15 6:02 PM
  • Number: 2274
  • Recommendations: 1
AFSI (best insurance company I've ever seen, crazy high FCF yield) - AdamGalas

I want to thank you, Adam, for bringing AFSI to my attention. I spent the entire morning researching the company and I liked what I saw (other than the
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/11/15 12:59 PM
  • Number: 10151
  • Recommendations: 2
Nice write-up, Andy. I became interested in SWIR about a year ago (caught the IoT fever like so many others). It's been on my watchlist but I've not yet pulled the trigger. Here's a significant factor in my deliberations: the performance of the
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/8/15 8:58 PM
  • Number: 63471
  • Recommendations: 15
Interesting article regarding the inner doings at Exxon:

http://tinyurl.com/pn2q5xg

Exxon knew of climate change in 1981, email says but it funded deniers for 27 more
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/29/15 9:49 AM
  • Number: 9889
  • Recommendations: 9
Is anyone actually worried about this? And if so, what are your concerns? - Neil

I try, as best I can, to minimize my emotional responses to Market fluctuations. I believe Benjamin Graham was correct in stating: 'In the short
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/28/15 10:11 PM
  • Number: 9871
  • Recommendations: 8
I checked the financial stats this Sunday evening (as I always do) and noted that US market futures are down some 200 points. The Shanghai market has fallen more than 20% in recent days, and Greek banks will be closed tomorrow to forestall bank
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z