Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By putnid

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 7/2/14 9:52 PM
  • Number: 53316
  • Recommendations: 2
Roughly 35 GW capacity installed last year worldwide... - BenSolar

Yeppers, nay-sayers notwithstanding, there is progress here, there and (I wish) everywhere. Here's an interesting link about developments in Germany:

(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/1/14 7:38 PM
  • Number: 53237
  • Recommendations: 3
What made Watt and Curry take this seriously was nothing Goddard wrote, but this post from Paul Homewood...Why was Goddard’s original post unconvincing to this group, whereas Homewood’s post seems to be convincing? Apart from ‘crying wolf’ issue,
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/30/14 7:35 PM
  • Number: 438915
  • Recommendations: 0
So, when all the Muslim companies start requiring hajib and the Sikh companies start requiring military training... - dlbuffy

I'm with you 100% on this. I fear the law of "unintended consequences" and I will never support
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/19/14 4:22 PM
  • Number: 438668
  • Recommendations: 1
As I write this, there have been five replies to the OP. I find myself agreeing with everything everyone posted. Big hug all around.
  • Date: 6/16/14 8:00 PM
  • Number: 52649
  • Recommendations: 5
A higher sea level proves nothing because we had a much higher sea level during the Medieval Warm Period, 1000 years ago.
- Ajax

Ajax has made this claim several times before, based on misinformation he gleaned from his
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/11/14 8:32 PM
  • Number: 453107
  • Recommendations: 2
Or perhaps the US trained and equipped Iraqi military will just fold rather than die for a corrupt regime? - Tim

I'm thinking no. The corrupt regime is, in large part, a Shia regime. The Iraq military is, for the most part, a Shia
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/11/14 7:05 PM
  • Number: 453101
  • Recommendations: 1
Well apparently the problem is bigger than first thought. - tim443

Iraq hasn't been in the news all that much for several years. Count me one of those surprised to learn about the seizure of Mosul and Tikrit. This has the
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/10/14 11:30 PM
  • Number: 52453
What I am saying is if you want to improve public health there are more efficient ways. - jck101

You're suggesting nothing more than the simplistic "Bjorn Lomborg" analysis.

Yeppers, there are many cost-efficient
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/10/14 10:36 PM
  • Number: 52451
We've already spent a lot on wasted effort to reduce GHGs and have had some expensive failures certainly. - jck101

We've spent FAR MORE subsidizing the fossil fuel industry.

It's well past high time we got serious about
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/10/14 10:09 PM
  • Number: 52449
  • Recommendations: 6
Putnid, you don't seem to understand economics, or else don't care if we're less wealthy than we were. jck101

We can become impoverished in any number of ways. Indeed, spending a bit more for electricity will serve to dampen
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z