Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By putnid

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 5/16/17 11:01 AM
  • Number: 27875
  • Recommendations: 2
I don't own NVIDIA shares but, if I did, I'd be pondercating the ramifications of this development:

(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/14/17 12:09 PM
  • Number: 27810
  • Recommendations: 15
I track 13F filings for useful tidbits of information. Here's one item:

Blackrock established a NEW position in UBNT, buying 1,965,976 shares at an avg. share price of $47.74 (as of 3/31/17). Me likes.
  • Date: 5/14/17 8:41 AM
  • Number: 27803
  • Recommendations: 1
We're nowhere near there yet! That's not at all to say we might not see a significant correction in our tech stocks, but this is nothing like 1999 when everyone you knew was talking about the latest stock, and the proverbial cab driver
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/13/17 3:49 PM
  • Number: 27780
  • Recommendations: 0
I've been experiencing deja vu too but have been considering that we may once again be in the early stages of a future bubble. - Chris

You may very well be right. I find it disquieting that the VIX remains so low (a sign of
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/13/17 11:39 AM
  • Number: 27769
  • Recommendations: 5
Excellent post, ears! It may just be that non-GAAP reporting hit some sort of inflection point. In recent weeks, Google, Facebook and others have announced a shift away from non-GAAP reporting. Here's a Business Insider article worth a
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/8/17 8:40 PM
  • Number: 27567
  • Recommendations: 10
One question: What risks do you see in your investment style that might not be apparent to someone more focused on a long-term growth perspective? - othalan

Hello David!

I do NOT recommend swing-trading for many/most
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/7/17 7:09 PM
  • Number: 27531
  • Recommendations: 0
Why not, putnid? Because of tax reasons? - az5speedy

Remember, I'm cynical, skeptical and wary of financial enterprises. I'd feel better if a company that conducts almost ALL of its business in the US was subject to at least
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/7/17 2:01 PM
  • Number: 27524
How are they able to achieve margins so much higher than their competitors? - Bear

You're asking the right question, and I don't have a definitive answer. That's the problem with financial sector stocks, there's no
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/7/17 1:39 PM
  • Number: 27523
  • Recommendations: 26
As Monty Python used to say: "And now for something completely different..."

My investing practices have changed dramatically over the decades. What I'm about to describe is what I do today, as a retired geezer with lots of
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/7/17 12:27 PM
  • Number: 27520
Just wondering if anyone is following ESNT. - CRAIGDOC66

I am very much interested in ESNT and I want to thank you for bringing it to the board. I wanted to add a financial sector stock to my portfolio given that we will be
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z