Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By putnid

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 11/20/17 8:25 PM
  • Number: 33902
  • Recommendations: 2
It does look like, by all estimates I've seen, demand will continue into next year. Does that make Micron a short term buy? - Bear

A quick check of my investing history reminded me that I have been buying MU in discrete lots
(Continued...)
  • Date: 11/9/17 1:06 PM
  • Number: 33646
  • Recommendations: 6
Hi Saul,

At this point in time, I find UBNT fairly difficult to assess. It was easy to be confident in the company's prospects when it served the WISPs and larger enterprises. The business was straightforward and UBNT had fine
(Continued...)
  • Date: 11/9/17 11:56 AM
  • Number: 33640
  • Recommendations: 4
I agree with all that you wrote about UBNT's earnings report, Saul. I liked what I saw. However, it must be noted that UBNT guided flat revenues and earnings for the coming quarter. Hence, the sell-off. Like you, I bought more shares at the
(Continued...)
  • Date: 11/4/17 7:49 PM
  • Number: 33477
  • Recommendations: 0
No worries, Saul. I'm and easy-going guy.
  • Date: 11/4/17 6:02 PM
  • Number: 33474
  • Recommendations: 4
I know you are angry at stock based compensation... - Saul

Angry? Far from it. I try to invest as rationally and dispassionately as possible. And the moniker is putnid...not putrid.
  • Date: 11/4/17 10:14 AM
  • Number: 33457
  • Recommendations: 1
Thanks for the kind words, Ethan.

I've pretty much stayed out of the fray regarding stock-based compensation. In general, though, I'm no fan of excessive compensation. I consider it a warning sign that the management is focused
(Continued...)
  • Date: 11/3/17 7:22 PM
  • Number: 33439
  • Recommendations: 0
My view is that the real value of bitcoin (or any cryptocurrency) is anonymity and the ability to move money without abiding with currency control, taxation or any other such obstacles.

A lot of people agree with you.
(Continued...)
  • Date: 11/3/17 4:58 PM
  • Number: 33428
  • Recommendations: 21
Have folks stopped studying financial statements? I'm a bit flummoxed by some of the comments offered regarding earnings, cash management and share count. How 'bout we examine the financial reports?

(Continued...)
  • Date: 11/2/17 2:17 PM
  • Number: 33380
  • Recommendations: 6
What matters to me is the cash flow a company produces, not necessarily earnings. One only has to look at Amazon as an example. - Jimbo

You won't get an argument from me on that point. I've used the term "unencumbered
(Continued...)
  • Date: 11/2/17 12:14 PM
  • Number: 33372
  • Recommendations: 1
But there's no evidence that the market is demanding any profitability. - GreenMartianX

I have to agree with you on that. We've entered the last phase of a long-running bull market wherein conventional business principles
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z