Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recommended Messages By putnid

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 5/13/10 10:34 AM
  • Number: 327747
  • Recommendations: 169
"Government has valid purposes... creating economic growth ain't one of them."

I've been watching an interesting series on the History Channel called "America - the story of us". The United States has had
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/15/09 9:53 PM
  • Number: 1411720
  • Recommendations: 144
"This exposes that liberals are mooches who want to tax those that have done better than they have."

Not really. What your latest rant reveals is that you are a plutocrat (or plutocrat wannabe), blindly supporting the
(Continued...)
  • Date: 9/22/08 4:49 PM
  • Number: 1271873
  • Recommendations: 128
"What happened next was extraordinary. For the first time in history, a serious Fannie and Freddie reform bill was passed by the Senate Banking Committee. The bill gave a regulator power to crack down, and would have required the companies
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/29/09 9:03 PM
  • Number: 45264
  • Recommendations: 119
"Oh, by the way, let me add that Michelle's position was a part time, 20 hour week job at $317,000.00 per year !! - Springtex

Oh, by the way...that's horse puckey. This was just another one of those chain e-mails...filled
(Continued...)
  • Date: 2/16/10 12:02 AM
  • Number: 320080
  • Recommendations: 108
As sure as the sun rises in the East, the WSJ periodically publishes an article or "study" that makes the claim that taxes on the wealthy invariably leads to some lemming-like migration of the well-heeled to more “wealthy-friendly”
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/20/06 8:33 PM
  • Number: 152601
  • Recommendations: 107
"You didn't live it, I did, so don't try and tell me about Carter's presidency."

I'm your age. I lived it, too. Bush is BY FAR worse. His legacy...perpetuating Middle-East strife, the fueling of Islamic
(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/8/10 11:18 AM
  • Number: 324272
  • Recommendations: 106
Well, it is to be expected - it's April - and thoughts turn to taxes. As ALWAYS, there's lots o' heat and little light. Since this board focuses on the MACRO picture, here's a well-referenced piece (from last year) that takes a stab at looking at
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/11/09 8:30 PM
  • Number: 1388361
  • Recommendations: 106
"Obama released the details of his budget yesterday. This disaster is 1,500 pages long. We can't afford the $3.4 trillion price tag. The money simply isn't there. Obama believes that the more money the federal government spends, the greater
(Continued...)
  • Date: 2/2/10 6:48 PM
  • Number: 318784
  • Recommendations: 104
I'm gonna try real hard not to get too political, Wendy, but gazulight is right. I'll simply stick to a few facts:

Reducing the capital gains and dividend tax rates to 15% reduced the overall tax burden on all of America by about $35B per
(Continued...)
  • Date: 10/23/07 4:33 PM
  • Number: 1132965
  • Recommendations: 104
I’ve read the flurry of posts about the unequal distribution of wealth in these United States. Wealth certainly brings out the passion in all of us, no? Unfortunately, as with most discourse nowadays, there is lots of sloganeering, are few
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z