Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By icono5

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 9/8/14 4:21 PM
  • Number: 1959123
  • Recommendations: 1
The math problem is still there, electoral vote count. If the GOP nominates Walker, Cruz, Ryan, or any of that group, it's an automatic win for any Dem nominee IMO. The Progressives know this, and are trying as hard as possible to get their own left
(Continued...)
  • Date: 9/8/14 11:30 AM
  • Number: 59941
  • Recommendations: 38
Interesting? More like old news. The article chalks up the House disparity to two factors: gerrymandering (surprise!) and sharp dislike for Obama among rural conservatives (shock and awe!). If we drew Congressional district boundaries to
(Continued...)
  • Date: 9/4/14 9:10 PM
  • Number: 441571
  • Recommendations: 2
I second 1pg's vote (figurative, at this point) for Warren over Hillary Clinton. And I understand the objections that she's not a realistic choice. I'm just afraid that the "realistic" choice would mean business as usual and a continued
(Continued...)
  • Date: 9/4/14 5:33 PM
  • Number: 1958292
  • Recommendations: 5
Warren is a hypocrite and full of "stuff"

College isn't too expensive because student loans rates are too high. It's too expensive because of overpaid facility and the fact that schools hoard
(Continued...)
  • Date: 9/4/14 5:21 PM
  • Number: 1958288
  • Recommendations: 28
BTW The reason college education is so expensive? Government.
-----------------

Since it appears, LF, that there's never been a problem of any import which you _didn't_ blame the government, you'll have to forgive some of us for not
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/31/14 9:04 PM
  • Number: 1957441
  • Recommendations: 2
We need to get rid of "Citizens United" and its ever-increasing toxic run-off. The fiction that big money doesn't corrupt our political process defies the very common sense that many conservatives ardently insist they stand for. We don't
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/30/14 10:06 PM
  • Number: 1957217
  • Recommendations: 3
I was in the (admittedly small) plurality: Clinton, but reluctantly. I'm not going to help sabotage the future by voting for an even "stronger" corporatist from the other side of the aisle. And sitting out just cedes victory to the
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/18/14 11:22 AM
  • Number: 1948720
Sorry. He can't begin to live up to the standards set by Reagan and Nixon.

It doesn't excuse the idiot prez odama.

------------------------

And what excuses posts like
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/17/14 12:46 PM
  • Number: 735454
<<Even as child watching JFK's funeral, and Teddy in the neck brace after Chappaquiddick, I looked upon their wives as martyrs for their husbands because of the gossip concerning the Kennedy husbands penchant for
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/20/14 11:37 AM
  • Number: 438709
  • Recommendations: 0
As always, genetics does play a role. And growing up under the thumb of one of the coldest, most arrogant public figures in contemporary American history probably didn't promote much civility.

Steve
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z