Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recommended Messages By icono5

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 5/28/13 9:11 AM
  • Number: 1880233
  • Recommendations: 73
The frustrated exchange between nigel and valueqwest may help to illustrate why we don't make traction in these debates. A question like that in the OP--one that valueqwest finds perfectly clear--contains a number of presuppositions,
(Continued...)
  • Date: 2/1/13 4:39 PM
  • Number: 1857049
  • Recommendations: 58
CCinOC: "Libruls simply don't think critically, which is why our country is swirling the bowl before our very eyes. Oh, well. So be it."

---------------------

Yep--whereas your posts, like the one above, consistently
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/8/14 12:11 AM
  • Number: 1940950
  • Recommendations: 57
I wish I could be optimistic about the subject line in the OP. But I'm not. As other current threads on this board reveal, we are a crisis culture; we do not, in a deep irony, change what is most deeply broken until it is nearly beyond repair . .
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/13/13 2:31 PM
  • Number: 1877070
  • Recommendations: 48
Hi, VQ. If you think your style of "argument" is a matter of off-topic blather, then you will indeed never make traction. You can pigeon-hole people all you want--setting up a group of good guys who act in good faith (and which always
(Continued...)
  • Date: 2/7/13 11:47 AM
  • Number: 1858360
  • Recommendations: 39
Hi, lowstudent! In the mid-70s, Wayne Booth wrote a now-classic text. I know, he was an academic and in the humanities to boot, and thus cause for great suspicion in certain corners. The latter is wickedly ironic, considering . . . . The book was
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/13/13 5:47 PM
  • Number: 1893851
  • Recommendations: 37
So in other words, Reich is saying that people are prepared to blame anyone else for their failures but themselves?

It's either the 1% who lie and cheat because it's impossible to get rich otherwise. Or it's the illegal immigrant or
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/1/13 12:04 PM
  • Number: 1862930
I was just about to point to the example of Thomas, Vetiver, when I saw your earlier reply. Thomas is a rich study in cognitive dissonance: appointed based largely and cynically on his combination of race and ideology, as he was clearly
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/27/13 7:44 PM
  • Number: 1855718
<<<<My hope is that the Supremes will see through this charade and uphold Obama's actions, but given the current makeup of the court, I am not holding any great hopes>>>>

jah609: "So you want a partisan
(Continued...)
  • Date: 2/25/13 11:35 AM
  • Number: 48071
  • Recommendations: 36
Well, tele, you are (by your own acknowledgement) simply guessing about the Scouts' actual, current practices. Dramatic protests to the contrary, no one has "forced" the BSA to do anything in the membership debate. It's been classic
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/4/13 6:00 PM
  • Number: 1875290
  • Recommendations: 34
<<<<If you've raised your kid right, taught her morals and responsibility, chances are she will forego sexual intercourse until she is older.>>>

This is the one statement that most exposes the inability to understand
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z