Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recommended Messages By icono5

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 5/28/13 9:11 AM
  • Number: 1880233
  • Recommendations: 73
The frustrated exchange between nigel and valueqwest may help to illustrate why we don't make traction in these debates. A question like that in the OP--one that valueqwest finds perfectly clear--contains a number of presuppositions,
(Continued...)
  • Date: 2/1/13 4:39 PM
  • Number: 1857049
  • Recommendations: 58
CCinOC: "Libruls simply don't think critically, which is why our country is swirling the bowl before our very eyes. Oh, well. So be it."

---------------------

Yep--whereas your posts, like the one above, consistently
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/8/14 12:11 AM
  • Number: 1940950
  • Recommendations: 57
I wish I could be optimistic about the subject line in the OP. But I'm not. As other current threads on this board reveal, we are a crisis culture; we do not, in a deep irony, change what is most deeply broken until it is nearly beyond repair . .
(Continued...)
  • Date: 10/3/14 12:29 PM
  • Number: 1963697
  • Recommendations: 50
There's nothing Obama could _ever_ do that would please the right-wing echo chamber. Nothing. Ever. Not because of the merits of a given policy stance, of course, but because he is a Democrat (and sadly, sometimes, because he is black). You'll
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/13/13 2:31 PM
  • Number: 1877070
  • Recommendations: 48
Hi, VQ. If you think your style of "argument" is a matter of off-topic blather, then you will indeed never make traction. You can pigeon-hole people all you want--setting up a group of good guys who act in good faith (and which always
(Continued...)
  • Date: 2/7/13 11:47 AM
  • Number: 1858360
  • Recommendations: 39
Hi, lowstudent! In the mid-70s, Wayne Booth wrote a now-classic text. I know, he was an academic and in the humanities to boot, and thus cause for great suspicion in certain corners. The latter is wickedly ironic, considering . . . . The book was
(Continued...)
  • Date: 9/8/14 11:30 AM
  • Number: 59941
  • Recommendations: 38
Interesting? More like old news. The article chalks up the House disparity to two factors: gerrymandering (surprise!) and sharp dislike for Obama among rural conservatives (shock and awe!). If we drew Congressional district boundaries to
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/13/13 5:47 PM
  • Number: 1893851
  • Recommendations: 37
So in other words, Reich is saying that people are prepared to blame anyone else for their failures but themselves?

It's either the 1% who lie and cheat because it's impossible to get rich otherwise. Or it's the illegal immigrant or
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/1/13 12:04 PM
  • Number: 1862930
I was just about to point to the example of Thomas, Vetiver, when I saw your earlier reply. Thomas is a rich study in cognitive dissonance: appointed based largely and cynically on his combination of race and ideology, as he was clearly
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/27/13 7:44 PM
  • Number: 1855718
<<<<My hope is that the Supremes will see through this charade and uphold Obama's actions, but given the current makeup of the court, I am not holding any great hopes>>>>

jah609: "So you want a partisan
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z