Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By alstroemeria

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 12/18/14 11:29 AM
  • Number: 62977
  • Recommendations: 7
Last week, a National Labor Relations Board judge ruled that Walmart illegally intimidated workers. This week, the Pennsylvania Supreme Court upheld a lower court verdict and ordered Walmart to pay $188 million to workers who sued because, they
(Continued...)
  • Date: 12/18/14 11:11 AM
  • Number: 62976
  • Recommendations: 1
We went to see The Theory of Everything yesterday--matinee, only 2 others in the theatre. Eddie Redmayne was awesome as Stephen Hawking, and the movie was good and sometimes very good. I'd like to have seen more of Hawking's father (played by Simon
(Continued...)
  • Date: 12/18/14 6:40 AM
  • Number: 445504
  • Recommendations: 1
I confess I've mostly read only the highly rec'd posts in this thread, but it occurs to me that StPat and others might expand their knowledge of Elizabeth Warren. I'd start here:

(Continued...)
  • Date: 12/17/14 1:22 PM
  • Number: 62953
  • Recommendations: 2
Nixon established diplomatic relations with CHINA.

I know. I was thinking of detente.

The term is often used in reference to the general easing of the geo-political tensions between the Soviet Union and the United States
(Continued...)
  • Date: 12/17/14 1:17 PM
  • Number: 1976006
  • Recommendations: 4
That's what the base believes - that these centrist candidates will say anything to get elected, but won't really be on their side when push comes to shove.

Indeed. They want wing-nut pols to be out and
(Continued...)
  • Date: 12/17/14 12:07 PM
  • Number: 62949
  • Recommendations: 26
Vietnam didn't agree to host Soviet NUCLEAR missiles pointed at the US.

RUSSIA itself pointed nukes at us, spied on us, etc, and Nixon established relations with them. I guess it's only OK when a Republican does it.
  • Date: 12/17/14 11:09 AM
  • Number: 1975970
  • Recommendations: 3
you geniuses think this is some great justice thing obama did

I see this as logic, not justice. Most countries have worse government than we do--shall we ban them all from our trade and travel?

I wonder how long it will take
(Continued...)
  • Date: 12/17/14 11:03 AM
  • Number: 49486
  • Recommendations: 0
I'm applying to a position in higher ed, and I have a fair amount of experience in that area -- but the last time I worked in higher ed was 12 years ago.

Are you applying for a teaching position or an administrative one (or something
(Continued...)
  • Date: 12/17/14 10:21 AM
  • Number: 1975957
  • Recommendations: 3
-dope <~~~ Sick of silly threads highlighting a simple mistake.

No sense of humor, eh? And to think I purposely avoided mention of this gung-ho war-monger excusing himself and his 5 sons from serving because they were too busy
(Continued...)
  • Date: 12/17/14 10:17 AM
  • Number: 1975956
  • Recommendations: 2
While I remember and understand the fears of having a Communist country right off our coast in the 60s, it's been decades since we should've normalized relations. I certainly feel easier in my mind with Cuba a few miles away than I do about some
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z