Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By alstroemeria

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 5/4/15 10:03 PM
  • Number: 68671
  • Recommendations: 0
I'm not tele (or anywhere near the expert he is on these matters), but here's a one-pager describing Dr Fuhrman's diet (he wrote several books, the first one being "Eat To Live"):

(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/4/15 9:43 PM
  • Number: 1998409
Answer regarding minimum wage and new cars:

When I was making minimum wage or barely over--back when you could live on a full-time min-wage job if you shared an apartment with another min-wage earner (early 70s), I couldn't afford any kind
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/4/15 6:16 PM
  • Number: 68660
  • Recommendations: 2
My BIL - now late Stage IV pancreatic cancer

I'm so sorry :-( Is he getting hospice care at home? I hope they're being generous with the pain meds.
  • Date: 5/4/15 6:07 PM
  • Number: 68659
  • Recommendations: 1
Barbara. The evil witch herself.

ow. I never thought of her that way. Just sheltered and ignorant of how the other half lives--and apparently their kids were raised that way as well. Interestingly, her namesake Barbara Bush, daughter
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/4/15 3:50 PM
  • Number: 68648
  • Recommendations: 14
Under pressure to reduce costs while improving quality, a handful of hospital systems have embarked on an unusual experiment: They are taking the house call to the extreme, offering hospital-level treatment at home... And as awareness spreads of
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/4/15 3:03 PM
  • Number: 1998349
it would show that the Democratic Party has become WORSE than the Republican Party

Not possible. Really.

What could be worse than being anti-science, appointing justices who believe that money=speech, dismantling Social
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/4/15 2:22 PM
  • Number: 68640
  • Recommendations: 2
100% of the inmates who complete their degree through the program do not recidivate.

Either that or they become too smart to get caught ;-) Srsly, I presume that's a better crime rate than ordinary college grads.

is it
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/4/15 2:15 PM
  • Number: 68639
Nixon may have been evil, and even a dictator wannabe, but he wasn't (to my knowledge) a loon. Compare and contrast to every PoS candidate that has declared candidacy thus far. With the possible exception of Jeb (who doesn't appear to be a
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/4/15 1:32 PM
  • Number: 68635
I know it's a long-shot, but I hope Bernie wins. That could be a 'water-shed moment'.

I really like Bernie, but I don't hope he wins. McGovern '72 redux. Unlike McGovern, he has an important additional strike against him: Jewish and
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/4/15 6:21 AM
  • Number: 1998275
Warren Buffett who does know something about economics is opposed to increasing the minimum wage.

He prefers highly progressive taxation. How bout you?!

=alstro, prefers both gradually increasing minimum wage, and more
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z