Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By alstroemeria

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 12/16/17 6:22 AM
  • Number: 2188554
  • Recommendations: 0
Catherine Flowers estimates that 70% of households in the area [rural Alabama's "black belt"] either “straight pipe” their waste directly onto open ground, or have defective septic tanks incapable of dealing with heavy
(Continued...)
  • Date: 12/16/17 5:35 AM
  • Number: 2188553
“Prancing around on a stage in cowboy suit.”

Look at the word choice in that sentence. Not “walking” or “marching,” but “prancing.” Not at a rally, but “on a stage.” Not dressed like a cowboy, but “in a cowboy suit.” These were precise,

(Continued...)
  • Date: 12/16/17 5:17 AM
  • Number: 2188552
Republicans are who we thought they were. So it’s done. Or is going to be. As I wrote in The New York Times Friday, it’s the second most unpopular piece of major domestic legislation of the last 27 years. The first most unpopular? The attempt to
(Continued...)
  • Date: 12/16/17 4:52 AM
  • Number: 503150
“CDC bases its recommendations on science in consideration with community standards and wishes,”

Uhhh...which community's standards? Why, the ignorant, religious community's! And why stop with the CDC?

So if
(Continued...)
  • Date: 12/15/17 6:46 PM
  • Number: 2188502
  • Recommendations: 3
In a speech to law enforcement officers graduating from the FBI National Academy...Trump ripped immigrants who enter the U.S. through visa lotteries, calling them the "worst of the worst."

A fellow at the Brookings

(Continued...)
  • Date: 12/15/17 6:37 PM
  • Number: 2188499
  • Recommendations: 2
Nazareth, the Israeli Arab city where Jesus is thought to have been raised, has canceled some Christmas celebrations in protest at U.S. President Donald Trump’s recognition of Jerusalem as Israel’s capital...

Nazareth, the

(Continued...)
  • Date: 12/15/17 6:27 PM
  • Number: 2188497
  • Recommendations: 1
Trump’s Scottish mother and German grandfather followed their siblings to the US.
  • Date: 12/15/17 5:14 PM
  • Number: 111592
Stupid is as stupid does.
  • Date: 12/15/17 5:12 PM
  • Number: 111591
they don't like trump, but they like Democrats even less--especially whichever Democrat has the rightie-newsosphere pointing at it and crying eevilll (Obama, Hillary, Elizabeth Warren, Nancy Pelosi==Kirsten Gillibrand, seems like it's your
(Continued...)
  • Date: 12/15/17 5:07 PM
  • Number: 111590
The coalition the Dems need to woo have very differing needs

Not much different between races, but differences between age groups, children vs child-free, working vs unemployed, educated vsneed an education, female of chid-bearing
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z