Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By XMFRoyal

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 1/17/18 8:39 PM
  • Number: 3387
  • Recommendations: 0
Thanks for taking the time to find all this out, David. I know many people on here appreciate it.

Jim
  • Date: 1/10/18 10:59 PM
  • Number: 3336
Hi, Dima,

I'm still waiting as well. The company filed another form on Dec 20 that indicated the transaction was still on. So I continue to expect to hear something shortly.

Jim
  • Date: 1/10/18 4:33 PM
  • Number: 3326
  • Recommendations: 4
Hi, David,

The freefall on CTRE has been intense. I'll be waiting to see if we hit a bottom on this one sometime before I plunge in, even if it does get to $15. It may well fall back to $12 or $13 in short order at this rate. Plus
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/10/18 4:31 PM
  • Number: 3325
  • Recommendations: 5
Hey, Kingran,

You're misconstruing me, because I made it EXACTLY clear what I thought was cheap and what wasn't. The debt is at below market rates. This is at least 200 bps cheaper (and maybe 300 bps) than what they could get via
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/9/18 11:37 PM
  • Number: 3313
  • Recommendations: 1
Hi, simmfive,

Former NorthStar management is effectively gone and really has been effectively gone for some months. Hamamoto will officially step down in the next few days, but he had minimal impact on the new company anyway.

Jim
  • Date: 1/9/18 11:34 PM
  • Number: 3312
  • Recommendations: 3
Thanks, Rob. I've seen estimates that the stub equity is trading at 4-5x earnings. That's incredibly cheap. But the deal timeline is 12-18 months out and so much of the value of the whole package rests on DIS. So while it's cheap today,
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/9/18 11:31 PM
  • Number: 3311
  • Recommendations: 3
srockaz,

Your figures are right, but recall also that SSW is getting debt at below market rates, too. The warrants are not likely to be exercised until close to expiration. Also, there's some advantage to having an investor with
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/9/18 11:25 PM
  • Number: 3310
"This has been a big disappointment and I think Jim feels the same way."

Boy, do I ever.

Jim
  • Date: 1/6/18 8:37 PM
  • Number: 3293
Thanks for the heads-up, David. I understand completely.

Best,

Jim
  • Date: 1/5/18 10:38 PM
  • Number: 3290
  • Recommendations: 17
Hey, David,

Let me put things in this perspective. Mike has to beat the market with his picks -- that's his mandate. He can't settle for under-performance. With interest rates rising, REITs are facing pressure in their "raw
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z