Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By LorenCobb

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 6/19/16 10:05 AM
  • Number: 70700
  • Recommendations: 31
Dave repeats: “How is it possible for a paper in Science magazine to claim that precisely 7.9 percent (not eight percent or seven percent) of the world’s species would become extinct as a result of climate change – when the total number of
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/17/16 1:21 PM
  • Number: 70652
  • Recommendations: 20
Financial Post: How is it possible for a paper in Science magazine to claim that precisely 7.9 percent (not eight percent or seven percent) of the world’s species would become extinct as a result of climate change — when the total number of
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/16/16 11:32 AM
  • Number: 472757
  • Recommendations: 2
... the longest link ...

Karen, that link appeared to be long, but only because it included a lot of information about you. All of this information can be found in the long string of text that follows the question
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/15/16 12:54 AM
  • Number: 472668
  • Recommendations: 9
... Mateen's father had some anti-gay rants on the web including videos. I think Mateen suffered...

Me, too.

To tell the truth, I am suspicious as hell of that father. I have seen him now on television multiple times. He
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/13/16 8:16 PM
  • Number: 472543
  • Recommendations: 2
I remember back in the 80s the general advice was that one did not have to provide their SS # for anything that was not related to the SS system. So today, while filling out a passport renewal form I was struck by the comment that providing the
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/12/16 6:35 PM
  • Number: 472461
  • Recommendations: 10
who are your guesses for Hillary's VP pick, or who would you like to see?

My best guess is Elizabeth Warren, but personally I would prefer to see Al Franken as Veep.

Franken is well-spoken, smart, and hard-working. He
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/10/16 1:54 PM
  • Number: 70519
  • Recommendations: 8
Pete, I think you have been wrong for years about Germany. They have a plan ("Energiewende"). They modified the plan once, after Fukushima, but the end goal has never wavered. From the very beginning, they explicitly said that they would
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/10/16 12:21 PM
  • Number: 472336
  • Recommendations: 24
In the US Civil War, both sides were utterly convinced that they had "God on our side". That sentiment has been present in the superstitious thoughts of humanity since the days of the first recorded civilization, five thousand years ago in
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/7/16 11:05 PM
  • Number: 70484
  • Recommendations: 9
Where on this spectrum, in your opinion, does climate science lie?

Real climate science is a very new and immature discipline, an awkward jumble of various pieces of atmospheric science, physics, meteorology, oceanography, geology,
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/7/16 6:09 PM
  • Number: 70479
  • Recommendations: 10
This opinion piece from The Lancet ... offers some sobering commentary on the state of science.

Let's be clear: the opinion piece was directed solely and specifically at biomedical research, and in particular at the
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z