Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By LorenCobb

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 7/24/17 12:09 PM
  • Number: 520237
  • Recommendations: 25
BJ wrote that, "Private cryptocurrencies are not the part of the society that issues money or needs to have a careful accounting of how much is circulating in support of that society. They serve as a "store of value" but are utterly
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/19/17 9:18 PM
  • Number: 497570
  • Recommendations: 23
There actually is an easy way to get rid of tritium: just let it sit there, wherever it is. The half-life of tritium is only about 12 years, so it disappears on its own fairly quickly. Plutonium, for comparison, has a half-life of 24,000 years
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/16/17 12:30 PM
  • Number: 26438
  • Recommendations: 1
bjchip asks, "Are you aware of any major religion (one that has many followers and/or survived for a long time) that places the welfare and rights and well-being of the individual ahead of the group, the society, the family and civil
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/17/17 7:49 PM
  • Number: 496495
  • Recommendations: 89
I am told (thanks, Rita!) that my recent lack of participation in TMF discussion boards has been noticed, and has even caused some concern.

Fear not, I am still lurking deep in the background. My silence has been due to poor health; I did
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/13/17 8:00 PM
  • Number: 491829
  • Recommendations: 8
Sahm took the $20 practice [literacy test] and thought it was a poorly designed test with multiple-choice questions that seemed to have more than one correct answer.

Hmmm.

There are a surprising number of traps and pitfalls
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/10/17 2:18 PM
  • Number: 22832
  • Recommendations: 3
I was browsing through TheTorah.com ó an otherwise serious website ó when, without warning, a guest column exploded in my otherwise serious face. It's not often that an outrageous piece of trilingual humor
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/7/17 3:49 PM
  • Number: 491587
  • Recommendations: 5
They didn't get the memo about the Enlightenment that came about in the 17th century.

Meanwhile, here in Boulder Colorado (also known as the People's Republic of Boulder), we are seeing the emergence of a new species of
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/7/17 2:24 PM
  • Number: 491581
  • Recommendations: 51
From time to time, Mossad (Israel's intelligence service) uses friends in the press to make its views known to the Israeli public. Here is one recent report, channeled anonymously through Anshel Pfeffer of the newspaper Ha-Aretz. I have cut out
(Continued...)
  • Date: 2/26/17 7:20 PM
  • Number: 490988
  • Recommendations: 9
These song lyrics just keep running through my head:

When youíre lost in the rain in Juarez
When itís Eastertime too
And your gravity fails
And negativity donít pull you through
Donít put on any airs
When youíre down
(Continued...)
  • Date: 2/26/17 2:33 PM
  • Number: 74488
  • Recommendations: 15
Ajax: Loren's DMI quote that in Greenland Over the year, it snows more than it melts... validates Tomy Heller.

Yes, it has been snowing more than it has been melting (in Greenland, over the past seven months, per DMI). The
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z