Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By LorenCobb

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 7/23/14 1:21 AM
  • Number: 137
  • Recommendations: 1
DW and I blast off tomorrow for Ashland, Oregon, to inhale another week's worth of Shakespeare, et al. On the menu: Two Gentlemen of Verona, and The Tempest, and some modern plays too. I am especially looking forward to The Great
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/23/14 1:13 AM
  • Number: 439579
  • Recommendations: 9
Wendy: I know that atheists might not think there is much difference between "standard" missionaries (Christian and LDS) and a "supernatural" missionary trolling for unsuspecting targets. But I think the
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/22/14 10:56 PM
  • Number: 53985
  • Recommendations: 40
DB2:
RSS does not agree...
UAH does not agree...
NCEP does not agree...

How can they? None of these series covers the whole century. The satellite data for all three series began in 1978. The claim in the article referred
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/21/14 2:07 AM
  • Number: 439537
  • Recommendations: 47
Grits: I'm going to get hold of the paper and read it myself.

Here is the core excerpt from the Discussion section.

Irrespective of the type of school they were attending (public vs. parochial) and irrespective of their
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/15/14 1:54 AM
  • Number: 53780
  • Recommendations: 30
"TheCrusader": In other words, unless you are an elite professor don't even bother [to read the math], as it is beyond your comprehension.

Truth be told, I often wish I was one of the elite. In fact I am merely an
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/14/14 1:24 AM
  • Number: 439310
  • Recommendations: 5
Tuni: What a B@$t@rd, wishing him total erectile dysfunction forever!!!

That may have been his real problem all along, which he was unable to be honest about or even acknowledge. Denial comes in many forms, but it almost always
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/14/14 1:16 AM
  • Number: 439309
  • Recommendations: 10
GH: Yes, the Catholic church is retrograde, conservative, occasionally evil. That makes them no worse than evangelical Christians, Muslims of many stripes, conservative Jews, and so on.

I was with you right up to here, then the table
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/13/14 4:04 PM
  • Number: 53722
  • Recommendations: 58
This note is for the four people who recommended the post "Global Warming Meets Occam's Razor".

First, please look carefully at the logic employed in this post. Here is a quote:

We [have] had over 30 major global
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/11/14 6:22 PM
  • Number: 439258
  • Recommendations: 42
Squirmyworm: I try to focus on my work but when friendly office banter turns to religion, then politics it becomes very distracting. They are all varying shades of Christian so I'm not even sure why they debate, they more or less agree with each
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/11/14 12:28 PM
  • Number: 439228
  • Recommendations: 0
DirtyDollie: Questioning it [science] is healthy. [This] does mean that we shouldn't dismiss it [scientific research results] with certainty (whether you can reference a blog or not!).

I try to constructively engage people questioning

(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z