Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By LorenCobb

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 7/7/15 2:07 AM
  • Number: 454117
  • Recommendations: 4
Uhm, I am sure you're already all over this, but Atheism does not claim to know that gods do not exist. Atheism states that it does not believe in any gods because there is no evidence.

Yes, that is the way many science-oriented
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/6/15 2:35 PM
  • Number: 66972
  • Recommendations: 0
Rita: The other option is standard, which they say is 50 download speed/25 upload speed.

That should be *plenty* of speed for video streaming.

We make do with only 12 MB/sec download speed from the phone company (fiber
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/6/15 1:40 PM
  • Number: 454089
  • Recommendations: 9
Jello: Adding insult to insult, he said the Declaration of Independence was our national "creed." Hey, he knows full well that our Creed is our Christian Faith!! Why not say so?

I realized that your post is satire, but I
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/2/15 12:56 PM
  • Number: 25465
  • Recommendations: 2
Nice lecture! Anyone who is already familiar with the basic origins theory can skip ahead to 36:11, which is where the new ideas begin. The "combinatorial explosion" idea is only very briefly mentioned at 48:40.

In math we deal
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/2/15 10:45 AM
  • Number: 63372
  • Recommendations: 3
There have been dozens of cradle-to-grave energy analyses of wind energy systems, as you could have discovered with a simple search. Here is one from Siemens:

(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/29/15 6:55 PM
  • Number: 475742
  • Recommendations: 6
Or, your kids could simply employ a turbo-encabulator app. The technology has been around since 1946, but the newest versions have been entirely rendered in software, using Apple's remarkable new Swift language. No matter which implementation your
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/28/15 1:10 AM
  • Number: 453758
  • Recommendations: 6
InconclusiveFool: But I too wondered why he continually gets a "pass" and is not criticized for invoking the name of God. Someone like George Dubya would have been criticized all over the place had he used an equal number of religious
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/27/15 4:08 PM
  • Number: 453743
  • Recommendations: 42
There was no such thing as a "Gay Liberation Front" when I arrived at Cornell University as a freshman in 1966. Gays and lesbians were severely closeted, and homosexuality was considered to be either criminal or, at the very least, a
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/26/15 7:18 PM
  • Number: 453729
  • Recommendations: 1
a prime example of religious stupidity

It sounds like it, but in fact it is not. No one in Pakistan needs a damn fatwa to forego fasting during Ramadan. Everyone understands that some Muslims will not be able to fast, whether
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/26/15 6:46 PM
  • Number: 63282
  • Recommendations: 4
Jaagu: "Of Disasters and Dragon Kings: A Statistical Analysis of Nuclear Power Incidents & Accidents" [by Wheatley, Sovacool, & Sornette]. Loren Cobb should be interested in this statistical analysis with resulting Pareto
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z