Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By LorenCobb

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 8/23/16 3:51 PM
  • Number: 477935
  • Recommendations: 1
CNC: Can you share a link [about the origins of the Burka]?

I didn't get my information from the web. I have spent the entire summer waist-deep in actual physical books, made out of paper, and reading until my eyes felt about to
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/21/16 2:02 PM
  • Number: 477813
  • Recommendations: 9
What a wonderful little thread!

Here is a comment on the NPR story mention in the OP.

The NPR story that seems to have launched all this discussion ( (Continued...)
  • Date: 8/20/16 11:25 PM
  • Number: 477780
  • Recommendations: 13
My recent extensive readings in ancient Babylonian and Assyrian history, covering the period 3000 BCE to 500 BCE, lead me to believe that the first appearance of the extreme oppression and isolation of women came towards the very end of the
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/19/16 3:08 PM
  • Number: 71254
  • Recommendations: 25
It sounds to me, an admitted layperson, like she [Zharkova] is saying that she is pretty much predicting a "Maunder Minimum" in 20302040.

Yes, indeed she is, but only in the limited sense of a reduction in magnetic field
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/18/16 3:31 PM
  • Number: 71242
  • Recommendations: 12
Cronan: You [DesertDave] posted this slightly over a week ago. Why have none of the regular AGW believers posted to debunk this yet?

Why should we bother?

DesertDave never reads the scientific articles. Had he done so, he
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/16/16 3:23 PM
  • Number: 477435
  • Recommendations: 12
FWIW, here is my personal experience with attempting to apply "nation-building" in the Spanish-speaking part of the world, and in Central Asia. I could write a book about this, but I am going to try hard to be very
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/15/16 2:07 PM
  • Number: 477345
  • Recommendations: 6
jaagu: Johnson and Trump have the same position on Baltic countries. Neither one understands the history of the Baltic countries and the international laws which have clearly stated that the Baltic countries are sovereign and in no way belong to
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/15/16 1:44 PM
  • Number: 2095408
  • Recommendations: 41
Ajax: Hillary lost the Democratic nomination and was appointed the nominee by the neoCons and the criminal establishment. As a result, liberals and progressives are voting for Trump!

Ah, yes. I see the problem. Here is something that
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/14/16 9:23 PM
  • Number: 477286
  • Recommendations: 0
Very sorry!

The four-letter acronym CSIS stands for the Center for Strategic and International Studies. It was the subject of the article, exemplifying biased and corrupt think tanks.

It won't happen again.

Loren
  • Date: 8/14/16 6:31 PM
  • Number: 477280
  • Recommendations: 26
Hell, just every policy wonk in the world knows that CSIS is often biased and corrupt. It's arguably better than it was in the past, but this is scarcely stop-the-presses news. The New York Times as an institution must have known this
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z