Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By LorenCobb

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 3/29/15 6:41 PM
  • Number: 449608
  • Recommendations: 3
AOL: All these vast advances in about 100 years!! Think what we are going to achieve in the next 100 years. It's mind blowing. Now imagine an alien race 200 years ahead of us. We probably couldn't even being to understand their technology. Could
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/28/15 1:22 PM
  • Number: 61228
  • Recommendations: 5
DB2: It is sometimes claimed that the pine bark beetle infestation increases the risk of forest fires... A study out this week from Colorado University researchers found fires were not more likely in beetle infested areas.

Let's be
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/23/15 12:03 PM
  • Number: 61120
  • Recommendations: 1
Oops, sorry. Here is the link (how to visualize eigenvectors):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJj1NuWX3LU

LC
  • Date: 3/22/15 11:43 PM
  • Number: 61116
  • Recommendations: 7
Pete: Might this subject [the Fiedler vector of a graph Laplacian] have some application to climate/weather modeling? Laplace operators are used, I believe, in modeling heat diffusion and fluid flow. Although I have no idea what the Fiedler
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/22/15 2:54 PM
  • Number: 66565
  • Recommendations: 1
The recent Adobe Flash "update" (labeled e2c7b for Mac) includes four promotional installs that are serious nuisances:

-- Yahoo Search
-- ZipCloud
-- MacKeeper
-- MacBooster

The first is the worst. It
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/21/15 10:15 AM
  • Number: 449291
  • Recommendations: 0
Are you willing to elaborate? I would like to know what you think.

Sure... But I am on the road, heading south to New Mexico and then Utah. It may take a week before I can respond properly.

Loren
  • Date: 3/20/15 1:05 PM
  • Number: 61066
  • Recommendations: 6
sw: This [aducanumab] is quite possibly the most significant advance in history in finding a cure for [Alzheimers] which currently affects 5 million Americans with millions more expected to be sufferers in the coming years, and perhaps 15 million
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/20/15 1:01 AM
  • Number: 449233
  • Recommendations: 34
James Flynn is one fascinating dude.

If people know of him at all, it is because he was among the first to discover that the population of almost any country in the world is becoming smarter at a rate of about three IQ points per decade,
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/19/15 2:25 AM
  • Number: 449190
  • Recommendations: 3
We cut the cord last July, and have not regretted it. CableTV, as it is now experienced in the USA, is a toxic, poisonous, stew. We only realized how true that is when we cut the cord.

Here is a wrap-up of our experience with AppleTV,
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/16/15 2:32 PM
  • Number: 449095
  • Recommendations: 25
Archaeologists gave up trying to find traces of the Exodus in the Sinai many years ago, after more than a century of searching. The idea that 600,000 Israeli men, plus an uncounted number of wives, children, elderly, and non-Israelites -- a total of
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z