Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By LorenCobb

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 5/5/15 3:46 PM
  • Number: 62010
  • Recommendations: 7
spinning: I wonder what the p-values are when you remove the impact of ENSO.

I ran a regression of UAH6 against ENSO (using the "Nino3.4a" dataset) and also CO2 (using logarithms), Aerosols (using Sato's index of
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/5/15 11:41 AM
  • Number: 451698
  • Recommendations: 0
The story in the OP is one of the most amazing and heart-warming stories I have heard in quite a while. What a long hard journey she took!

Loren
  • Date: 5/4/15 1:08 PM
  • Number: 256302
  • Recommendations: 6
Interesting list.

I was astonished to see that Germantown Friends School has two Nobel Prize winners, one of whom was in fact a Quaker. They were great rivals of ours in track, cross-country, and chess (I went to nearby George School,
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/2/15 12:31 AM
  • Number: 451565
David FB: The future of "religion" will be a small number of people who are atheists, and a large number looking for a new mythological home that "makes sense".

As usual, David, we see the world in the same
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/1/15 3:46 PM
  • Number: 451557
  • Recommendations: 22
1pg: I'm hoping Loren in particular will spot this [a paper on the use Bayes' Theorem to (dis)prove the historicity of Jesus] and comment. I've only started going through it. Superficially it seems to me that trying to calculate the probability
(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/29/15 12:27 AM
  • Number: 451403
  • Recommendations: 59
DB2: Baltimore has a black mayor, a black police chief and the majority of police are black. Different than Ferguson.

I suspect that the real problem here is the authoritarian culture that has taken hold in police forces all across
(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/28/15 8:59 PM
  • Number: 451391
Well, that was weird! At first I thought, "Holy crap, what language is THAT?" But as she spoke it slowly became comprehensible, though I still could not place the language. By the end of video I had it: she is speaking the language I heard
(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/27/15 4:59 PM
  • Number: 61840
  • Recommendations: 8
That figure was developed using data from the National Snow and Ice Data Center (NSIDC), located here in Boulder, Colorado.

To fully understand what is happening with arctic ice, one really should consider the trends from a variety of
(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/26/15 6:31 PM
  • Number: 451266
  • Recommendations: 8
gijam: I still can't get my head around this all coming from a man [Jeremy England] adopting into orthodox Judaism.

It does not seem strange to me.

Have you ever wondered why so many mathematicians and physicists are Jewish?
(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/26/15 12:54 PM
  • Number: 471983
  • Recommendations: 27
Answering some of the questions asked in this thread:

1. (jaagu) What about geothermal energy - is geothermal energy from the sun or was it establish in conjunction with the solar system development?

In astronomy this is a
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z