Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By LorenCobb

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 2/5/16 6:56 PM
  • Number: 464968
  • Recommendations: 9
Sano: They're growing corn to burn while Africa is in real trouble feeding its swelling population. Zimbabwe's President Robert Mugabe on Friday declared a "state of disaster" in many rural areas hit by a severe drought, with more than
(Continued...)
  • Date: 2/5/16 5:16 PM
  • Number: 140
  • Recommendations: 1
We had to rethink our visit to the Oregon Shakespeare Festival this year. They are selling out of tickets many months in advance. I just tried to get tickets for our annual summer pilgrimage (late June), only to discover that most shows are
(Continued...)
  • Date: 2/4/16 1:41 AM
  • Number: 464856
  • Recommendations: 17
Rharmelink: The problem is that too often it is Republicans vs Democrats...

Amen, brother.

I am sick to death of people from both parties playing politics as though it were a full-contact team sport, cheerleaders and
(Continued...)
  • Date: 2/4/16 1:00 AM
  • Number: 67682
  • Recommendations: 1
Interesting concept; worthy of discussion. The original paper is in Nature, which has a paywall, but I have a copy. Anyone here who would like to read it, just drop me an email.

Loren
  • Date: 2/3/16 12:13 AM
  • Number: 464732
  • Recommendations: 3
PM: My H.S. Latin class didn't mention Vocative, fwiw.

Absence of evidence (from high school) is really not evidence of absence.

When it comes to Latin I confess to being a miserable autodidact. The closest I ever came to
(Continued...)
  • Date: 2/2/16 5:18 PM
  • Number: 464700
  • Recommendations: 31
We have before us, for your grammatical inspection and pleasure today, this unique submission from Sarah Palin:

And he, who would negotiate deals, kind of with the skills of a community organizer maybe organizing a neighborhood tea,
(Continued...)
  • Date: 2/2/16 1:50 AM
  • Number: 67654
  • Recommendations: 2
Cute. I should test my graduate students with this -- it might be a humbling experience. I only got a +8 score. It's certainly tough enough for a general population, but there's room for some really devilish patterns.

Loren
  • Date: 1/31/16 11:37 PM
  • Number: 2046286
  • Recommendations: 7
Concerning "Post Hoc Friday", some comments:

-- I think this one should have been "Post Hoc Thursday".

-- The logical fallacy known as post hoc ergo propter hoc is only very loosely related to the idea
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/31/16 7:46 PM
  • Number: 68080
  • Recommendations: 0
It would help to know which model you have, so we can figure out what versions of OSX it can use. Without knowing this, my first **guess** would be the following:

1. Download Snow Leopard (MacOS X 10.6) from the web. Google is your friend:
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/31/16 5:02 PM
  • Number: 261128
  • Recommendations: 32
tommurphy9: I think this is extremely valuable information that may not be easily assimilated [Richard Nisbett's "Crusade Against Multiple Regression" --
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z