Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By LorenCobb

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 11/22/17 2:41 PM
  • Number: 79855
  • Recommendations: 2
Pete wrote, Double-blind peer review results in different sort of reviews than single-blind. [...] Once papers are allocated to reviewers, single-blind reviewers are significantly more likely than their double-blind counterparts to recommend for
(Continued...)
  • Date: 10/30/17 7:35 PM
  • Number: 500813
  • Recommendations: 7
There were two people indicted today (Manafort and Gates), and a third person (Pappadopolous) pled guilty. Everyone is focused on Manafort, but I am pretty sure that Papadopoulos is the sleeper. The information that he is providing to the FBI may
(Continued...)
  • Date: 10/30/17 7:25 PM
  • Number: 2
  • Recommendations: 0
I asked for this discussion board back in 2013, and have not had anything positive to post since then. I regret investing in this wretched little company.

Loren
  • Date: 10/30/17 2:02 AM
  • Number: 500791
  • Recommendations: 5
One way to understand what happened to time before the Big Bang is to ask yourself this curious question: "What lies to the south of the South Pole?".

Events that occurred before the Big Bang are like the lands that lie to
(Continued...)
  • Date: 10/29/17 1:11 AM
  • Number: 79322
  • Recommendations: 39
Anthony Watts makes the valid point that the oceans govern the global mean temperatures of Earth. He displays a figure showing sea surface temperatures (SST) starting in 2015. The pattern in this figure does indeed suggest that we have recently come
(Continued...)
  • Date: 10/28/17 5:53 PM
  • Number: 500772
  • Recommendations: 5
Several days ago I found myself unable to post a link to YouTube on The Motley Fool. This post is merely a test to see if they have fixed the bug. If it works, then the link will take you to an a capella rendition of a hilarious tune,
(Continued...)
  • Date: 10/27/17 1:45 PM
  • Number: 500747
  • Recommendations: 12
Hawkwin, your post (#500742 of this board) is so angry and harsh, I have to wonder what is eating at you so.

I found the hour-long video to be fascinating, inspiring, instructive, and popular. This is why I recommended it. He presents no
(Continued...)
  • Date: 10/26/17 3:05 PM
  • Number: 500722
  • Recommendations: 12
It's easy to dismiss the objections of David Albert (a philosopher of science) and John Horgan (a science journalist). I won't waste my time on them.

The criticisms of George Ellis and I.S. Kohli are less easily dismissed. Their
(Continued...)
  • Date: 10/26/17 1:26 PM
  • Number: 500718
  • Recommendations: 13
I think folks on this board might be interested in this 2013 talk by Lawrence Krauss, delivered at the Radcliffe Institute for Advanced Study, entitled "A Universe from Nothing".

Krauss is an excellent theoretical physicist and
(Continued...)
  • Date: 10/26/17 1:18 PM
  • Number: 500717
  • Recommendations: 4
For some reason, TMF will not post messages from me. Testing...
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z