Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By LorenCobb

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 8/20/14 5:03 PM
  • Number: 54946
  • Recommendations: 14
Can you PLEASE stick to the evidence and logic argued? Can you debate his points?

Do I have to spell it out?

After living a few decades on this world, and interacting with a very wide variety of people, almost everyone
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/20/14 4:21 PM
  • Number: 54941
  • Recommendations: 7
Here is a profile of David Evans: http://watchingthedeniers.wordpress.com/climate-sceptic-cons...

Sadly familiar.

LC
  • Date: 8/19/14 10:28 AM
  • Number: 54885
  • Recommendations: 1
Excellent news!

This will improve our statistical estimates of the effects of solar activity on warming, and may possibly reduce the error bars as well.

Every year I introduce beginning statistical grad students to the problem of
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/19/14 1:09 AM
  • Number: 59608
  • Recommendations: 7
Answer #4: No, I got a deferment, was a conscientious objector, or escaped to Canada.

Just to be clear about this:

Those who applied for and were granted Conscientious Objector status (1-O in the draft terminology) were not
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/18/14 7:28 PM
  • Number: 54859
  • Recommendations: 4
Evidence of cyclicality in that data set: Zero. I wonder how Goddard defines the word "cyclical"?

According to Goddard, the data he used for this graph came from the University of Illinois at Champagne-Urbana, Department of
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/17/14 6:46 PM
  • Number: 440592
  • Recommendations: 4
CNC: To which of these definitions [of Westphalian] are you referring?

DrBob is referring to the modern concept of the "sovereign state", which emerged during the negotiations that ended the Thirty Years War in 1648. The
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/17/14 2:58 PM
  • Number: 440588
  • Recommendations: 31
1poorguy: I just find it interesting (for lack of a better word) how once you could have a Renaissance Man who knows history and philosophy and the various sciences (perhaps even contributing to them), but today there's just too much. Today you
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/16/14 8:44 PM
  • Number: 12830
  • Recommendations: 3
dwerme: Actually Loren, our proxies give us no idea of the rate of past change, particularly in the Permian. They lack the accuracy to determine whether they took a year or 100,000 years. The rock record is 90% gap, 10% history. (read Derek Ager
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/16/14 5:04 PM
  • Number: 5856
LF: Damn, I hate it when puzzles turn out to be "IMPOSSIBLE"; what a waste of time!

Oh, it's not so bad. I think one should always be aware of the possibility that a puzzle has no solution. It's just a part of life, and
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/15/14 8:02 PM
  • Number: 54782
Assuming that we are talking about a Tesla S car, privately owned by a home-owner who has installed the 240-volt charging station, the answer (according to Tesla) is: 58 miles of range per hour of charging.

(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z