Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By LorenCobb

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 1/15/18 3:22 PM
  • Number: 80636
  • Recommendations: 4
In the interactive map, the default discount rate is set at 10%. That seems very aggressive to me, and not at all realistic. Some businesses work in areas where a 10% discount rate is used for planning, but AFAIK only when enormous government tax
  • Date: 1/14/18 12:32 AM
  • Number: 26618
  • Recommendations: 5
Jeremy England is a young biophysicist with an interesting take on nonlinear far-from-equilibrium thermodynamics: he sees life as an inevitable outcome of thermodynamics. To quote from a recent article in Quanta Magazine,"his [2013] equations
  • Date: 1/13/18 7:48 PM
  • Number: 26617
  • Recommendations: 9 Creationism typically starts with a religious text and tries to see how the findings of science can be reconciled to it. Intelligent design starts with the empirical evidence of nature and seeks
  • Date: 11/22/17 2:41 PM
  • Number: 79855
  • Recommendations: 2
Pete wrote, Double-blind peer review results in different sort of reviews than single-blind. [...] Once papers are allocated to reviewers, single-blind reviewers are significantly more likely than their double-blind counterparts to recommend for
  • Date: 10/30/17 7:35 PM
  • Number: 500813
  • Recommendations: 7
There were two people indicted today (Manafort and Gates), and a third person (Pappadopolous) pled guilty. Everyone is focused on Manafort, but I am pretty sure that Papadopoulos is the sleeper. The information that he is providing to the FBI may
  • Date: 10/30/17 7:25 PM
  • Number: 2
  • Recommendations: 0
I asked for this discussion board back in 2013, and have not had anything positive to post since then. I regret investing in this wretched little company.

• Date: 10/30/17 2:02 AM
  • Number: 500791
One way to understand what happened to time before the Big Bang is to ask yourself this curious question: "What lies to the south of the South Pole?".

Events that occurred before the Big Bang are like the lands that lie to
  • Date: 10/29/17 1:11 AM
  • Number: 79322
  • Recommendations: 39
Anthony Watts makes the valid point that the oceans govern the global mean temperatures of Earth. He displays a figure showing sea surface temperatures (SST) starting in 2015. The pattern in this figure does indeed suggest that we have recently come
  • Date: 10/28/17 5:53 PM
  • Number: 500772
Several days ago I found myself unable to post a link to YouTube on The Motley Fool. This post is merely a test to see if they have fixed the bug. If it works, then the link will take you to an a capella rendition of a hilarious tune,
  • Date: 10/27/17 1:45 PM
  • Number: 500747
  • Recommendations: 12
Hawkwin, your post (#500742 of this board) is so angry and harsh, I have to wonder what is eating at you so.

I found the hour-long video to be fascinating, inspiring, instructive, and popular. This is why I recommended it. He presents no
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z