Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By LorenCobb

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 6/17/17 7:49 PM
  • Number: 496495
  • Recommendations: 85
I am told (thanks, Rita!) that my recent lack of participation in TMF discussion boards has been noticed, and has even caused some concern.

Fear not, I am still lurking deep in the background. My silence has been due to poor health; I did
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/13/17 8:00 PM
  • Number: 491829
  • Recommendations: 8
Sahm took the $20 practice [literacy test] and thought it was a poorly designed test with multiple-choice questions that seemed to have more than one correct answer.

Hmmm.

There are a surprising number of traps and pitfalls
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/10/17 2:18 PM
  • Number: 22832
  • Recommendations: 3
I was browsing through TheTorah.com ó an otherwise serious website ó when, without warning, a guest column exploded in my otherwise serious face. It's not often that an outrageous piece of trilingual humor
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/7/17 3:49 PM
  • Number: 491587
  • Recommendations: 5
They didn't get the memo about the Enlightenment that came about in the 17th century.

Meanwhile, here in Boulder Colorado (also known as the People's Republic of Boulder), we are seeing the emergence of a new species of
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/7/17 2:24 PM
  • Number: 491581
  • Recommendations: 51
From time to time, Mossad (Israel's intelligence service) uses friends in the press to make its views known to the Israeli public. Here is one recent report, channeled anonymously through Anshel Pfeffer of the newspaper Ha-Aretz. I have cut out
(Continued...)
  • Date: 2/26/17 7:20 PM
  • Number: 490988
  • Recommendations: 9
These song lyrics just keep running through my head:

When youíre lost in the rain in Juarez
When itís Eastertime too
And your gravity fails
And negativity donít pull you through
Donít put on any airs
When youíre down
(Continued...)
  • Date: 2/26/17 2:33 PM
  • Number: 74488
  • Recommendations: 15
Ajax: Loren's DMI quote that in Greenland Over the year, it snows more than it melts... validates Tomy Heller.

Yes, it has been snowing more than it has been melting (in Greenland, over the past seven months, per DMI). The
(Continued...)
  • Date: 2/26/17 1:23 AM
  • Number: 490954
  • Recommendations: 39
"idjit"

EOM
  • Date: 2/25/17 3:36 PM
  • Number: 74476
  • Recommendations: 20
This thread is a textbook example of the twin dangers of motivated reasoning and poor reading skills. It also demonstrates (yet again!) that scientists know bugger-all about communicating.

Let's recap!

The Danish Meteorological
(Continued...)
  • Date: 2/8/17 7:29 PM
  • Number: 74308
  • Recommendations: 3
Half a dozen cranes landed yesterday at my brother's property just outside of Albuquerque NM. They almost always winter over further south, in the Bosque del Apache National Wildlife Refuge. Small groups have indeed begun to move
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z