Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recommended Messages By LorenCobb

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 10/3/00 2:21 AM
  • Number: 81834
  • Recommendations: 209
Warning: long, prolix, and highly idiosyncratic.

I don't normally like to step into the deep waters of religious belief, but once in a while I am overcome with the urge to plunge in. This issue of datamining is clearly more religious than
(Continued...)
  • Date: 2/11/01 2:10 AM
  • Number: 93100
  • Recommendations: 191
Great Jumpin' Jehosophat!

First the Workshop disappeared. Then rumors of legal struggles between The Motley Fool and Value Line began circulating. Then certain old posts by Sparfarkle vanished. I speculated (strictly in jest -- see post
(Continued...)
  • Date: 9/21/05 10:32 AM
  • Number: 811515
  • Recommendations: 188
Remember those estimates that it would take three months to pump out New Orleans?

About 10 days ago I was in a hotel in the Dominican Republic, watching Deutsche Welle, the German international television channel. I saw a great story about a
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/11/01 9:12 PM
  • Number: 89939
  • Recommendations: 151
Maybe I'm just grumpy this week, but if I see another mispelling of "losing" then I'm really going to lose it.

Folks, here is the dreadful truth: in the English language there is no way to go about "loosing" money, unless
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/25/10 5:44 PM
  • Number: 323046
  • Recommendations: 134
DavidMN: I apply for insurance. I get insurance. My monthly premium is $360. My deductible is $5,000. Co-pay is 0%. My maximum annual cost is $9,320. Minimum is $4,320. Done. Now wasn't that easy?

What are you, 25 years old and in
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/26/07 11:49 PM
  • Number: 237887
  • Recommendations: 127
VUCommodore: From what I understand, a broad spectrum of biblical historians (including many non-Christians) find it reasonable to argue that Mark was written in the 70s AD (in part due to apparent references to the temple's destruction, etc),
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/1/13 5:37 PM
  • Number: 412533
  • Recommendations: 122
Mauser: A possible reason that "top earners and capital" are getting more of the economic pie is that they have increased their productivity faster than the lower 2/3 of the income structure.

Heh. That, of course, is the
(Continued...)
  • Date: 10/4/00 11:34 PM
  • Number: 82078
With all due respect to the deep knowledge and technical subtlety of the statistically Wise, there comes a time when every self-proclaimed expert must prove the power of his theory. I know this from personal experience, having been called to prove
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/30/00 12:18 AM
  • Number: 78565
Jeff raises a point that is so interesting to me that I am de-lurking to comment, even though I ought to be working on "real" matters of importance to little things like my career and current job.

It may seem that this board has
(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/22/03 9:31 PM
  • Number: 143712
  • Recommendations: 120
It's Tuesday, and the cherry blossoms of Washington DC are just now fading into memories. I blew into town yesterday from the outer provinces for another day's work in that great pentagonal symbol of imperial power on the Potomac. Tomorrow I blow
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z