Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By albaby1

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 6/20/18 5:01 PM
  • Number: 2210728
  • Recommendations: 2
It's all academic, now. Trump just signed an EO ending the practice.

So now what?

Now we see if the Administration can actually have have both sides of what it wants on this decision - to have Zero Tolerance, but not
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/20/18 2:58 PM
  • Number: 508478
  • Recommendations: 1
In your model, cheaper devices are used to initially penetrate the market at the low income end and these become more sophisticated/expensive as adoption expands to the higher incomes. The prediction here is that average prices will increase
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/20/18 2:37 PM
  • Number: 2210698
  • Recommendations: 5
On your first question, I don't know. Currently there are 12,000 kids in custody, 10,000 of which were unaccompanied. Of the remaining 2,000 it stands to reason that some were in the company of some adults who were not their parents.
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/20/18 1:35 PM
  • Number: 2210677
  • Recommendations: 4
...and currently, there are only 2,000 kids in custody who have been separated from their parents. Any way you slice it that's a better number than a few years ago. Any way you slice it that's a better number than a few years
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/20/18 1:15 PM
  • Number: 2210672
  • Recommendations: 6
Except under Obama there were double the number of kids in custody, so we know then those policy choices didn't work.

This isn't about kids in custody - it's about family separations. If kids arrive here without
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/20/18 1:11 PM
  • Number: 508473
  • Recommendations: 1
Not exactly. I believe legacy car companies have a business model that is optimized for their legacy product (ICE). I think there is a lot of resistance to taking actions that jeopardize that model in the short-to-mid term for long-term benefits,
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/20/18 12:50 PM
  • Number: 2210666
  • Recommendations: 8
Except that it doesn't, and hasn't. The practice of separating kids has been going on a while. It's only under Trump that the outrage has started.

Again, it's that judgment and discretion. In prior Administrations,
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/20/18 12:10 PM
  • Number: 2210658
  • Recommendations: 5
I don't agree with this "choice" stuff. Adam Smith was arguing for prosecutorial discretion, which is a complete cop out. We have laws. We have a duty to enforce them.

Of course you have a choice.

The
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/20/18 10:12 AM
  • Number: 508462
  • Recommendations: 2
My position is that the EV strategy legacy car companies are using is significantly influenced by a desire to minimize cannibalization of ICE revenues. Limiting EVs to the low-end of the market does that very well. But I don't think it is the
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/20/18 9:08 AM
  • Number: 2210621
  • Recommendations: 14
I can hype up the sex trafficker angle to 11 to prove the point, if you like.

Sure, if you like.

The Administration can certainly take credit for any avoided harms caused by their choice to adopt "zero tolerance."
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z