Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By albaby1

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 8/26/16 3:33 PM
  • Number: 2098573
  • Recommendations: 12
I'm now dead certain that you fundamentally misapprehend the essential goal of the Constitution and no amount of verbiage showing you how you are absolutely, totally and irrecoverably W-R-O-N-G on this issue will ever suffice to change your
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/26/16 3:28 PM
  • Number: 2098570
  • Recommendations: 2
Exactly where have I mentioned firearms in this discussion. I have in fact meticulously avoided that topic (beyond a broad statement about the 2nd amendment with a reference to the American Revolution).

Then perhaps I misunderstood
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/26/16 3:10 PM
  • Number: 2098563
  • Recommendations: 3
It most certainly does do that (limit the government in order to preserve our rights). That is exactly why we have the Bill of Rights.

....and why Article V allows the Bill of Rights to be amended out of the Constitution? It limits
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/26/16 2:50 PM
  • Number: 2098556
  • Recommendations: 6
Since I've not advocated for that, and in fact called out the OP on his statement, this is a specious cheap shot.

Color me surprised. Snark tends not to be your MO.

It's not a cheap shot, any more than your mention
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/26/16 1:48 PM
  • Number: 2098511
  • Recommendations: 3
Right, a rulebook for how to ensure the government will be limited to only exercising the powers the people allow it to exercise so it is less likely to violate our rights. That was the entire point! Why limit government if there's no real
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/26/16 1:22 PM
  • Number: 2098504
  • Recommendations: 6
Except in certain very limited circumstances.
Like, say, the Pulse nightclub.
Or Umpqua Community College.

Indeed. Can you imagine how many more of such incidents would exist if we didn't have police at
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/26/16 1:07 PM
  • Number: 87081
  • Recommendations: 2
Wait a second....while I agree with the political leanings, I disagree about the opinions of the social safety net.

That specific Gallant was a conservative - but to that type of conservative, other people are also Gallants or
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/26/16 1:04 PM
  • Number: 2098495
  • Recommendations: 5
The police say "Let the professionals handle it" despite apparently having no obligation to even show up, and you don't see that as even potentially problematic?

It's far less problematic than not having the
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/26/16 12:51 PM
  • Number: 2098492
  • Recommendations: 20
I will suggest that such a statement is an active embrace of moral hazard.

No, it is not - any more than having an army to protect national defense, instead of having individuals doing it on their own, is an active embrace of moral
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/26/16 12:40 PM
  • Number: 2098489
  • Recommendations: 7
So, it seems to me that you are saying rights should be subordinate to a governmental cost/benefit equation.

No, that's incorrect. I'm not making a claim about whether anything should be subordinate to anything else.
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z