Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By albaby1

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 7/26/16 5:45 PM
  • Number: 475652
  • Recommendations: 1
A couple of things Al. Not all of Trump's support comes from white males that aren't making it. I'd like to see a real scientific poll of the economic status of Trump supporters.

Oh, certainly. Trump overwhelmingly
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/26/16 4:26 PM
  • Number: 475628
  • Recommendations: 0
Like my 8 yr old daughter that thinks having a temper tantrum or asking me repeatedly for something is going to result in a change?

A protest might be productive but booing really isn't.

I didn't say I agreed with
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/26/16 4:03 PM
  • Number: 475625
  • Recommendations: 3
If you did not intend to support the party and the party nominee at the convention, then why even come to the convention?

To send a message.

They believe that protest is productive. That their displays of dissatisfaction
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/26/16 3:57 PM
  • Number: 475623
  • Recommendations: 4
Keep in mind that the goal doesn't need to be a traditional college degree. The goal is sufficient secondary training/education to be able to make a middle class economic contribution.

Again, what is the alternative other than an

(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/26/16 3:38 PM
  • Number: 475617
  • Recommendations: 2
It is just the reality of the modern economy. In the economy of the early 20th century, the harsh reality was that illiterates had "little economic value", and so we many literacy mandatory with a public education system. The current
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/26/16 2:44 PM
  • Number: 475599
  • Recommendations: 32
Instead of getting mad, perhaps they should go get a college degree. After all, the notion of personal responsibility also applies to white males. I know it sounds harsh, but it is reality. In our technological society a person with only a high
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/26/16 11:10 AM
  • Number: 475550
  • Recommendations: 1
White men still ruled but there was rebellion. It was unsettling to the white middle class. The rebellion fizzled. Reagan won.

The rebellion never fizzled. You see its fruits today.

Starting in the mid-1960's, white
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/25/16 7:01 PM
  • Number: 475497
  • Recommendations: 0
There was also the line "everybody pulled his weight".

That's why we "didn't need no welfare state...."

It's sepia-toned nostalgia, but potent. He longs for a time when people like him
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/25/16 6:40 PM
  • Number: 475494
  • Recommendations: 4
Let me put this another way. If Trump wins, he will pack the court with conservatives. The Ryan budget is purely ideological and makes no economic sense whatever. It was mostly written by the Koch Institute. It will drive the US into a deep
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/18/16 6:03 PM
  • Number: 85461
  • Recommendations: 2
I don't understand that. With whom are they in competition? And, I'm curious, do they get more revenue from cattle, mining, whatever than they do from tourism? Do we worry about states that have less open land to begin with? What about
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z