Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By albaby1

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 9/1/15 4:56 PM
  • Number: 457055
  • Recommendations: 3
I don't think the majority of folks on this thread would describe all countries that have instituted GMO labeling as being more "superstitious" or more inclined to mythology compared to the US.

That doesn't make it any less
(Continued...)
  • Date: 9/1/15 2:24 PM
  • Number: 457044
  • Recommendations: 0
They have to take 2020 or somehow get gerrymandered redistricting removed. Good luck with that.

Even then. The GOP has been winning undistricted seats as well. Since 2008, they've claimed 13 net Senate seats and 10 governorships
(Continued...)
  • Date: 9/1/15 1:46 PM
  • Number: 457036
I wonder if Kim Davis would even still be taking a stand if the Liberty Council wasn't pushing.

I think your suspicions are spot on. I posted in another thread the link suggesting that her lawyers were doing her wrong:

(Continued...)
  • Date: 9/1/15 1:21 PM
  • Number: 457027
  • Recommendations: 2
Are they really swallowing? Or are they gagging, and spitting and doubling down on Tea Party crazy. Witness the initial actions of the Texas AG and the ongoing actions of the county clerk in Kentucky. RINO is not even much of an insult anymore;
(Continued...)
  • Date: 9/1/15 12:18 PM
  • Number: 2015761
  • Recommendations: 39
I can see her getting fired (she should really quit, frankly)... but I don't quite see the reason to throw her in jail.

She can't be fired, apparently - since that post is an elected position, removal is done via impeachment by the
(Continued...)
  • Date: 9/1/15 11:49 AM
  • Number: 457017
  • Recommendations: 1
In the meantime I'm amazed that someone who has apparently been elected to this position has trouble understanding the nature of the US constitution.

This author thinks she is being badly served by her lawyers - and I tend to agree
(Continued...)
  • Date: 9/1/15 10:35 AM
  • Number: 457011
And while the trend has been towards more acceptance of immigrants, I don't really see anything happening that could turn the depth of feeling among the Republican base around very fast. They've just gotten fired up on the issue.

I see a

(Continued...)
  • Date: 9/1/15 9:36 AM
  • Number: 457007
But in the absence of something like that? How do you think the GOP can suddenly persuade its base to give up its fear and frothing hatred of anything brown after they fed this dynamic for half a century?

Pretty easily, I would
(Continued...)
  • Date: 9/1/15 9:25 AM
  • Number: 457006
  • Recommendations: 5
Remember how hard it was to get a label on cigarettes "Smoking may be harmful to your health?"

Yes - and that the government didn't try to put a label on them until there was actual, scientific evidence that
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/31/15 6:29 PM
  • Number: 456979
  • Recommendations: 1
To me it's like "This food contains no MSG" vs just assuming that it doesn't.

But to pick up 1pg's point, you could simply choose only to buy foods where the manufacturer has voluntarily labeled it as "No MSG" or
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z