Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By albaby1

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 8/19/17 4:15 PM
  • Number: 107027
  • Recommendations: 7
In law, a partnership can be dissolved by any partner at anytime merely by calling for an accounting. Why wouldn't the same principle apply to a state leaving the Union other than Chase's opinion in White?

Because most legal
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/18/17 4:25 PM
  • Number: 107010
  • Recommendations: 32
Trump is absolutely correct to suggest that there is a moral equivalence between the racists on the right and left wing antifa types on the right. BOTH are promoting and using political violence to advance their agendas. Every time one side or
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/17/17 6:23 PM
  • Number: 2171483
  • Recommendations: 10
So the question is if a majority of Southerners want to leave the union, what MORAL objection do I have.

Again, the same objection raised in the Texas v. White - you guys agreed to join the union, the agreement doesn't
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/17/17 5:31 PM
  • Number: 2171469
  • Recommendations: 4
You mean Buchanan was a failure because he didn't know the USSC stacked with unionists ruled that secession was unconstitutional ten years after the fact.

Not at all. I have no opinion about Buchanan - just articulating the
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/17/17 3:43 PM
  • Number: 2171438
  • Recommendations: 18
You seem very frustrated that you can't come up with an argument, Constitutional or moral, for denying secession. Lincoln's famous "rope of sand" argument always has struck me as not being very compelling.

You
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/16/17 2:19 PM
  • Number: 77614
  • Recommendations: 0
b) getting a much higher delta price, on average, for the whole year.

The trials were in Denmark, which has some of the highest electricity prices in the developed world:

(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/15/17 12:52 PM
  • Number: 42416
  • Recommendations: 4
3 dragons. So far, 2 possible riders. #3? Pretty soon I expect they'll be cuddling up to Tyrion too.

The Night King. One of the dragons goes down north of the Wall in an early skirmish, and is re-animated as zombie ice
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/14/17 5:28 PM
  • Number: 42405
  • Recommendations: 1
DW and I just binged through The Good Place, and it was absolutely delightful. If you haven't heard of it, it's high-concept comedy about a woman who finds herself in the afterlife - the titular "Good Place" - but soon
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/14/17 9:42 AM
  • Number: 42398
  • Recommendations: 1
The people of Westeros, especially the North, would support him over her, and quite possibly over Cersei.

Speaking of which...after last night's episode, what does the show really think of Dany?

Objectively, she's a
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/9/17 6:20 PM
  • Number: 77469
  • Recommendations: 3
We have a situation where there is significant but not conclusive evidence for catastrophic consequences. So what should we do? Is it business as usual until we know with certainty whether a catastrophe will occur? Or do we make sacrifices now to
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z