Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By albaby1

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 6/24/16 11:01 AM
  • Number: 70772
  • Recommendations: 2
Not that they haven't had any issues, but every car company does. Look at the sales data for the luxury class -- they are crushing everyone except Mercedes who they are just beating. Unheard of in this category.

Indeed - and not
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/22/16 8:24 PM
  • Number: 70753
  • Recommendations: 4
This week, consumption hit 9.762 barrels per day...which matches the previous all-time high of the week of August 17, 2007 - the summer peak before the Great Recession crash

....and this week, consumption hit 9,815 kbpd - which is
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/22/16 7:36 PM
  • Number: 70752
  • Recommendations: 6
Tesla has said that they intend to be at a run rate of 500K cars per year by the end of 2018. They won't even launch the Model 3 until end of 2017, but they'll probably be late and it is early 2018 or later. Even if they sell zero of them
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/22/16 6:13 PM
  • Number: 473064
  • Recommendations: 0
WAs that the result of GOP hardliners not wanting to settle for a half a loaf instead of a whole loaf. Clearly the Democrats were not going to support "reform" that more like destruction than reform.

I don't think so.
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/22/16 5:56 PM
  • Number: 2080229
  • Recommendations: 4
You don't need to read Jasper Bell's story to conclude that a convicted VIOLENT FELON, stress words, VIOLENT and FELON, should be excluded from purchasing a gun forever more. Feel free to argue against that if you'd
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/22/16 5:39 PM
  • Number: 473061
What leads you to that conclusion?

Mostly the complete failure of Bush's efforts at entitlement reform back when the GOP controlled both branches, coupled with the constant couching of entitlement reform as "reform" and
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/22/16 4:39 PM
  • Number: 2080210
  • Recommendations: 5
Do you see the feckin' problem here? What reasonable human being can read Jasper Bell's story and go, "why yes by golly, Jasper Bell should have the arsenal of his God given, Second Amendment choice!!!"

But
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/22/16 2:51 PM
  • Number: 473053
  • Recommendations: 1
I think you are leaning to Burke

Not really. Burke was highly skeptical of the degree to which the government should heed the wishes of the common folk. I don't really share that, and I don't think the original author (the
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/22/16 1:01 PM
  • Number: 473038
  • Recommendations: 3
And here I thought democracy was about the governed having a say in how they are governed! Or, as I believe it was said, government derives its power from the consent of the governed.

Certainly we hope stuff gets done. But any form of

(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/22/16 12:58 PM
  • Number: 473037
Do you agree that the majority party in Congress is determined to see that government doesn't work, except for its martial functions?

Nope - they just have a different idea of what a "working" government is. I do think
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z