Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By albaby1

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 12/15/17 12:55 PM
  • Number: 503106
  • Recommendations: 2
The evidence seems pretty clear that ICE auto makers and dealers don't want to replace ICEs and so do what they can to reduce EV demand.

What? There's no evidence that they're actively trying to reduce EV demand -
(Continued...)
  • Date: 12/15/17 8:27 AM
  • Number: 503087
  • Recommendations: 1
For my main point it doesn't matter whether the reason for lower EV sales is the fault of the dealer or manufacturer.

Okay - but the article you posted upthread was explicitly claiming that the reason for lower EV sales was
(Continued...)
  • Date: 12/15/17 8:17 AM
  • Number: 503086
  • Recommendations: 2
Traditional manufacturers are unwilling to build good ones or inexpensive ones. They don't because it would eat their current profitable business, not because they can't.

Or because you can't build a good inexpensive one.
(Continued...)
  • Date: 12/14/17 5:19 PM
  • Number: 111521
  • Recommendations: 3
How do you figure? Off the 33 seats up for election, only about seven are actually in play. The rest are safe for one party or the other. If the Republicans run the table, they don't have have enough for veto proof majority, much less a
(Continued...)
  • Date: 12/14/17 2:57 PM
  • Number: 503036
  • Recommendations: 0
Agreed. But again, that is why Tesla is trying hard to NOT have a traditional dealer network. They want to eliminate that middleman and associated extra cost.

Fair enough, but then the complaints of the author cited by the OP are a
(Continued...)
  • Date: 12/14/17 2:07 PM
  • Number: 503026
Traditional dealers have very little incentive to sell EVs. Most of their profit comes from services; maintenance and repairs. EVs will require drastically less of both. That's why Tesla sells direct - they recognized this long
(Continued...)
  • Date: 12/14/17 2:00 PM
  • Number: 503025
The data I saw was model-specific. Top 3 are all pickups. Next two are cross-overs. First sedan is #6.

The top-selling vehicles are pick-ups, but pick-ups make up a relatively small portion of the fleet (about 10%). That's
(Continued...)
  • Date: 12/14/17 1:02 PM
  • Number: 503014
  • Recommendations: 1
How do you know given evidence that outside of Tesla, EVs are only being half-heartedly marketed?

Haven't seen commercials for Tesla, either, BTW. Other manufacturers do advertise than Tesla (however modestly):

(Continued...)
  • Date: 12/14/17 11:29 AM
  • Number: 502994
Supports my position that car manufacturers who currently make ICEs are not motivated to promote significant sales of EVs. I have yet to see a Chevy Bolt commercial. Therefore, the timely adoption of EVs requires the presence of dedicated EV
(Continued...)
  • Date: 12/14/17 10:36 AM
  • Number: 502989
It appears that EV and hybrid sales could be much higher in the U.S. if car dealers were actually trying to sell them.

Reading the article, this doesn't seem to be a dealer problem, but a manufacturer
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z