Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By albaby1

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 10/17/17 6:23 PM
  • Number: 109078
  • Recommendations: 0
So I am wondering what happens if Trump's sabotage of ACA causes the last insurance company offering individual insurance plans to abandon Maricopa County, AZ?

My understanding is that sabotaging the exchange portion of
(Continued...)
  • Date: 10/13/17 2:47 PM
  • Number: 500277
Perhaps the answer lies with the digital tech companies themselves that remain clustered in a few high-priced metro regions. Many have become sufficiently large that they no longer need the benefits of a big metro area, they can attract talent no
(Continued...)
  • Date: 10/13/17 1:36 PM
  • Number: 2178854
This was one of the arguments to insure as many possible, right? Because if they were relying on ER for care, didn't have regular dr visits, etc. - they were not getting preventative care - and their health care would eventually be more
(Continued...)
  • Date: 10/13/17 10:45 AM
  • Number: 2178825
  • Recommendations: 1
Now, all the people who can't afford health insurance (poor and older, sick people) will use the emergency room for for their healthcare. Hospitals can't turn them away. But, hospitals, in order to survive, will pass all the very
(Continued...)
  • Date: 10/13/17 10:04 AM
  • Number: 500255
I think you folks need a new model for promoting economic activity that doesn't require the formation of mega-cities. That should be possible in an era of instantaneous communication and a global internet where non-Brick&Mortar
(Continued...)
  • Date: 10/13/17 9:21 AM
  • Number: 500247
Are there any studies demonstrating that a significant amount of affordable housing can be added "vertically" without substantial negative impact on quality of life?

Nope. Again, this is a subject of ongoing debate in the
(Continued...)
  • Date: 10/12/17 7:37 PM
  • Number: 500235
Why should potential (new) residents or stakeholders receive more consideration than existing residents and stakeholders? Also, upzoning without other changes and commitment of public dollars to replace the green spaces and parks can make the
(Continued...)
  • Date: 10/12/17 6:35 PM
  • Number: 500227
Can you provide an example where increasing density has reduced the housing costs in a major city?

Nope - I'm not aware of any that have been willing to materially increase density. Instead, what you have are metros where many
(Continued...)
  • Date: 10/12/17 6:04 PM
  • Number: 500222
Why do you think "building up" will solve the affordable housing problem in LA or SF when it hasn't in Manhattan or Singapore. Don't you just end up with a higher density of unaffordable housing?

Not necessarily -
(Continued...)
  • Date: 10/12/17 5:58 PM
  • Number: 500219
But that doesn't explain the shortage of workers in places where affordable housing is not constrained, as in Iowa and Kansas. Yuma county Arizona had an unemployment rate of about 16%. 800 miles away is Logan Utah with unemployment at 3%. So
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z