Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By albaby1

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 2/22/17 4:09 PM
  • Number: 97541
  • Recommendations: 0
albaby, was it my imagination, then, when at a Republican gathering/rally whatever-the-heck-it-was, I heard the crowd yelling, "LET THEM DIE! LET THEM DIE!"

Did I imagine that?

You are misremembering it. It was a
(Continued...)
  • Date: 2/22/17 2:49 PM
  • Number: 97527
  • Recommendations: 3
Would you disagree Al, that there are many Republicans who have taken the position that they shouldn't have support any social program, no matter how deserving the recipients?

Yeah, I would disagree. I haven't encountered
(Continued...)
  • Date: 2/22/17 1:50 PM
  • Number: 97514
  • Recommendations: 1
So let's add some nuance. The mine closes. I'm a coal miner. There's no place for me to go (as a coal miner). So I turn to alcohol or opioids (as is happening). Am I now a goofus when I started as a gallant (and would be again if the
(Continued...)
  • Date: 2/22/17 1:29 PM
  • Number: 97508
  • Recommendations: 2
Let's say I decide (assuming I were still young) to get into coal mining. Not a dream job, but it's available. Does the fact that coal is phasing out affect whether that is a good choice? Seems to me I've chosen a path that will end
(Continued...)
  • Date: 2/22/17 1:21 PM
  • Number: 97507
  • Recommendations: 2
You and goof are to be commended for being so brutally honest about your well thought out positions.

Thanks - but I should clarify that the opinions that I'm describing are those of some of the Gallants...not my own.
(Continued...)
  • Date: 2/22/17 12:51 PM
  • Number: 97503
  • Recommendations: 9
Was planning on working in a factory, at what was often a very stressful job, a poor decision when the factory closes? Anything that doesn't work out is a poor decision. The results of those "poor" decisions can vary widely
(Continued...)
  • Date: 2/22/17 11:51 AM
  • Number: 97492
  • Recommendations: 10
We had a long discussion on the Gallant/Goofus dynamic.

The principle is simple. Gallants believe that poor people are poor because they make bad decisions and lead dissolute lives. They further believe that liberals enable goofuses.

(Continued...)
  • Date: 2/17/17 5:23 PM
  • Number: 490482
It starts with self-censorship.

It could - but that seems unlikely. Even in that story, the concern was as much about a possible slander suit as anything else - and the commentary ultimately ran.

On the other side of the
(Continued...)
  • Date: 2/17/17 4:16 PM
  • Number: 2139120
  • Recommendations: 10
It fell into their hands. That's a fact.

But it's not what Ajax keeps saying. He keeps saying that we armed ISIS. We armed ISIS' enemies.

Albaby
  • Date: 2/17/17 4:14 PM
  • Number: 2139119
Again, should they not be ahead of the curve at this point? Why are they still at 2009?

As I noted above, no. It would be completely foolish of them to force their members to go through the political pain of supporting a compromise
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z