Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By albaby1

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 11/21/14 5:00 PM
  • Number: 1971664
  • Recommendations: 5
..most are working already but not paying taxes and their employers get a free ride of cheap labor..

Indeed, but that's very different from formally declaring that it's okay for them to be doing that. Working while in the
(Continued...)
  • Date: 11/21/14 4:25 PM
  • Number: 1971658
  • Recommendations: 5
Those who are whining about this, explain how you would prioritize who gets deported with limited funds.

Do you prioritize your time, money and courts deporting undocumented parents of citizen children thus breaking up families or spend

(Continued...)
  • Date: 11/21/14 1:49 PM
  • Number: 1971625
  • Recommendations: 12
Their JOB is to consider and vote on such bills.

Why? The legislative power includes the power to decide what matters will be addressed, and which matters will not, within any particular Congress. They're not required to take up a
(Continued...)
  • Date: 11/21/14 1:45 PM
  • Number: 1971620
  • Recommendations: 2
I'm not sure this analogy is exactly what happened although Obama couched it in those terms. Obama clearly stated he thinks long term illegals, particularly with US citizen children should be left alone.

The DA will never say they are

(Continued...)
  • Date: 11/21/14 1:26 PM
  • Number: 22933
Make sure you have beer. No TV and no beer make something something...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yGJGTjV2WE
  • Date: 11/17/14 4:06 PM
  • Number: 444727
  • Recommendations: 0
You meant UNambiguous, yes? Otherwise I lost your argument somewhere along the way.

Yep- my mistake.

Would the justices have to consider debates (perhaps on "the floor") and speeches by the legislators (and
(Continued...)
  • Date: 11/17/14 3:49 PM
  • Number: 444724
  • Recommendations: 1
Then why do they consider the founding fathers extraneous writings when ruling on the Constitution?

Because the courts will generally look to legislative history that already existed at the time the measure in question was adopted in
(Continued...)
  • Date: 11/16/14 1:05 PM
  • Number: 444687
One other issue the courts look at is legislative intent. Unfortunately for the plaintiffs in this case, almost every single legislator who voted in support of this bill is still alive and have made their intent quite clear.

That's
(Continued...)
  • Date: 11/16/14 12:59 PM
  • Number: 444686
Actually, the legislature changed it fairly dramatically, adding eight sections, initiatives, and rules to the program. Romney line-vetoed all eight, but the legislature overrode six of them. So pretending that it didn't "originate"
(Continued...)
  • Date: 11/14/14 4:24 PM
  • Number: 444649
But in decades past there was always some middle ground, or the ability to forge compromises in the name of taking care of the important issues. This statesmanship is all but vanished from the current political scene.

The reasons
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z