Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By albaby1

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 4/27/15 1:26 PM
  • Number: 451287
  • Recommendations: 1
So I would expect the tribe will probably refile correcting the procedural thing. (I didn't read too much on this, so maybe they already have?)

I'm not entirely sure the tribes (as tribes) are involved in this at all. The lead
(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/27/15 12:22 PM
  • Number: 451281
  • Recommendations: 2
How can Michigan just take Native American land?
And when will we stop breaking treaties?
Will it be when we have taken everything they have?

I was able to find the order dismissing the request for temporary injunction, which
(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/24/15 4:43 PM
  • Number: 1997160
  • Recommendations: 31
The same money get's taxed twice. Whether you agree it should or not, it is a fact.

That's not what the quote was. The author stated that: "It's wrong for the government to tax people twice, once when they earn the money and
(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/24/15 4:25 PM
  • Number: 1997153
  • Recommendations: 11
And you are harping over one point in the article, which is only a subset of his argument.

You posted a quote. I pointed out that one of the points was mistaken. You then started arguing over that. I'm not "harping" on
(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/24/15 4:02 PM
  • Number: 1997143
  • Recommendations: 2
I see you are for punishing the rich, so government can confiscate wealth.

Could you quote what comment I made that suggested that to you? I have merely pointed out that the description of the current system that you quoted was
(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/24/15 3:50 PM
  • Number: 1997133
  • Recommendations: 0
Really? You don't know?

I don't remember the number but the first ~$800,000 is exempt from the estate tax on the Federal level.

Your number is wrong, as sync pointed out - but that's besides the point. Relating to your
(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/24/15 3:28 PM
  • Number: 1997127
Except it IS not in all cases.

Could you elaborate? What type of situation are you referring to?

Albaby
  • Date: 4/24/15 3:11 PM
  • Number: 1997121
  • Recommendations: 48
It's wrong for the government to tax people twice, once when they earn the money and once when they give it away, if the giving away is done after death, an arbitrary and unpredictable deadline.

The government "taxes people
(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/24/15 11:55 AM
  • Number: 1997084
So do you think that if Jeb Bush gets the GOP nomination, Rubio will not be on the list for VP, because he is set to be governor?

I don't think that Rubio would be high on the list for VP, but not because of that. Rubio would
(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/24/15 10:53 AM
  • Number: 1997064
  • Recommendations: 0
Any surprise that Rubio seems to be going for it - - despite Jeb being in the ring?

Not really. Word on the street is that Rubio is likely to leave the Senate anyway - if he doesn't get the nomination for President, he'll take two
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z