Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By albaby1

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 3/24/17 5:53 PM
  • Number: 99615
  • Recommendations: 7
The overriding fact that indicates that your numbers are wrong is that we have proof from many other countries that single payer systems work, work better, and save money.

That's not proof that my numbers are wrong.
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/24/17 4:40 PM
  • Number: 99605
  • Recommendations: 3
That's really so simple. Make the new program voluntary. You can stay on your employer's insurance as long as you want, if you choose to move to the single-payer policies offered, you pay a premium to that agency, instead. Keep Cobra, so
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/24/17 4:30 PM
  • Number: 99603
  • Recommendations: 1
So, what now, Al?

Devoid of support, can the ACA survive for much longer?

Sure, for the most part. Remember, the biggest part of the ACA is the Medicaid expansion. That's not going anywhere.

If you're
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/24/17 3:58 PM
  • Number: 99585
  • Recommendations: 5
The GOP has pulled the bill, rather than going to a vote that they would lose.

Albaby
  • Date: 3/24/17 2:08 PM
  • Number: 99565
  • Recommendations: 0
It would be nowhere near that because doctors under single-payer are NOT going to be reimbursed at current levels. Scale it back to Medicare level. Sticks in my mind that a lot of insurance companies negotiate something like 150% of Medicare.
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/24/17 1:31 PM
  • Number: 99558
  • Recommendations: 1
Adding 50M people out of a population of 350M (to make the math easy) is a 17% increase (compared to the presently-covered 300M). That's not crippling. That's not intractable.

But it is half a trillion dollars per
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/24/17 1:23 PM
  • Number: 99554
  • Recommendations: 5
. But Medicare administrative costs (ie. dollars spent on other than actual care) are closer to 1% to 2%, so as far as the patient is concerned, non-care expenses from insurance companies are very nearly 20%.

No, it's not. The
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/24/17 11:13 AM
  • Number: 74944
  • Recommendations: 4
So these states with high coal use in 2014 made big switches in just 2 years. I do not recall any major electricity cost increases being passed on to the rate payers in 2015 and 2016 in those states. In fact I think their costs went down. I can
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/24/17 10:45 AM
  • Number: 99540
  • Recommendations: 2
The only way that Medicare for All costs more than the system we have now is if you discount the cost of suffering, pain, and lost lives for all those that cannot get coverage today. And even then, the costs to most citizens (via some sort of
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/23/17 5:53 PM
  • Number: 99487
  • Recommendations: 0
Actually that's not true. Those AEI numbers ($3,677/yr for Medicaid, $6,438/yr for private insurance) are for the "Medicaid expansion" population....

Ah, got it.

Albaby
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z