Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By albaby1

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 9/29/16 12:45 PM
  • Number: 12986
  • Recommendations: 0
Haven't had a post here in a while, so I thought I'd link to RCP's indulgence in beating a dead horse. Basically, the article notes that despite the predictions of many Peak Oil activists, we're producing a lot of oil at relatively
(Continued...)
  • Date: 9/28/16 4:18 PM
  • Number: 88537
But he doesn't specify whether that's round-trip or one-way.

It's one way - and the price with today's tech wouldn't be $200K. That's what he'd *like* it to be one day, but right now that cost would
(Continued...)
  • Date: 9/28/16 3:50 PM
  • Number: 2105542
  • Recommendations: 2
But interesting that overwhelmingly the polls favored Trump.

It's not that interesting. Online non-scientific polls are easily manipulated, if there's a modestly large enough (and computer-literate enough) group that's
(Continued...)
  • Date: 9/28/16 3:00 PM
  • Number: 88527
  • Recommendations: 28
Sure... but we're getting older too and it isn't like we're going to pick up papers and start reading them or caring who they endorse going forward. But we will get older and vote more often. So the newspaper endorsements are becoming
(Continued...)
  • Date: 9/28/16 1:37 PM
  • Number: 88523
  • Recommendations: 34
Er, are newspaper endorsements all that relevant anymore? Does anyone know someone under 40 years old who even subscribes to a newspaper? I'm under 40, I don't and none of my peers do.

It's not wise to disparage the
(Continued...)
  • Date: 9/28/16 12:44 PM
  • Number: 2105482
You live in Miami?

Yes, I do.

Albaby
  • Date: 9/27/16 8:32 PM
  • Number: 2105334
  • Recommendations: 60
If Hillary loses Oregon....then she deserves to lose.

I just voted in the poll four times (twice for each candidate) - just to find out if participation was limited to computers in Oregon and to see if there was any serious effort
(Continued...)
  • Date: 9/27/16 3:38 PM
  • Number: 2105289
  • Recommendations: 3
Can this also be viewed as "they prefer Clinton" and are jumping at the first sign of leverage to influence this preference upon others and the market?

Not really. It's ridiculously unlikely that any bettor (or their
(Continued...)
  • Date: 9/27/16 3:26 PM
  • Number: 2105285
  • Recommendations: 2
Very strange reaction, there was no slam dunk winner last night, first part was Trump, second part was Hillary, I saw it a draw, pundits and left leaners went with Hillary, many in the general public (the folks) went for Trump. I can live with a
(Continued...)
  • Date: 9/27/16 3:10 PM
  • Number: 2105271
  • Recommendations: 6
The problem with all of these "polls" is that they are non-scientific on-line surveys. No effort is made to randomize, or even measure, who is responding to the question (or whether they even watched the debates). They're no
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z