Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By Gordon66

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 2/15/17 7:32 PM
  • Number: 2138636
  • Recommendations: 3
This is a White House that cannot get it's story straight or stick to one story for more than a few hours.

A common problem among people and organizations that do nothing but lie.

Gordon66
  • Date: 2/8/17 8:24 AM
  • Number: 2136773
  • Recommendations: 31
No president should be allowed unreviewable authority to take actions merely by pretending those actions pertain to "National Security."

Sincerely,

Gordon66

ps, If you believe the legal issue at hand is a
(Continued...)
  • Date: 2/2/17 7:32 AM
  • Number: 2135357
  • Recommendations: 0
The better approach, for now, would be to question this nominee rigorously and vote against him in toto, but not filibuster.

I like the idea. The rationale could still be "we are all voting en masse against any nominee who is
(Continued...)
  • Date: 2/2/17 7:22 AM
  • Number: 2135355
  • Recommendations: 1
I agree that they shouldn't filibuster "anyone but Garland", but that doesn't mean they shouldn't filibuster, IMO. The reasoning should be "his writings in this or that area are of a concern and we cannot support
(Continued...)
  • Date: 2/1/17 11:39 AM
  • Number: 2135144
If the Democrats wait to filibuster, it is possible that Trump will have dug himself into such a hole of unpopularity heading into the 2020 election that he might not want to have another court fight if a nominee comes up. Or that some Senators
(Continued...)
  • Date: 2/1/17 11:03 AM
  • Number: 2135125
  • Recommendations: 4
Hi Albaby,

McCain, Graham, and Collins are enough to stop the GOP from eliminating the filibuster for SCOTUS appointments, and they have done so. But if you filibuster the SCOTUS for anyone but one person, and pledge to do so for the
(Continued...)
  • Date: 2/1/17 10:18 AM
  • Number: 2135104
  • Recommendations: 41
This a serious question. Republican's straight up stole a seat from the Dems, as Oregon Senator Merkley has said. Therefore, why shouldn't they all join with Merkley in the position that they will filibuster anyone but Garland as a nominee?
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/31/17 5:20 PM
  • Number: 2134947
  • Recommendations: 13
All it takes is 3 GOP senators to join with the Democrats in order to severely limit Trump's ability to continue doing harm to the nation.

So when I hear you three going on about how appalled you are about Trump's travel ban (and
(Continued...)
  • Date: 11/11/16 5:44 PM
  • Number: 2117222
Two points:

(1) The polls were already trending down for Clinton when Comey letter came out. Also, Donald had by then had his Twitter confiscated. Those nea double digit numbers were not going to hold up. That said, it might have had a 1%
(Continued...)
  • Date: 11/11/16 5:24 PM
  • Number: 482898
Thanks everybody. My motivation in asking this is my son is enraged because thinks Hillary stole the nomination, and thinks Sanders would have easily beat Trump.

Add together those assumptions and anyone would be enraged.
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z