Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By Gordon66

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 1/17/15 8:37 AM
  • Number: 1979946
  • Recommendations: 0
The situation is actually a bit worse than you describe it:

Indeed.

BTW, since these cops are theoretically an extension of the federal government when they do these seizures, I wonder why we haven't been hearing screams
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/16/15 4:41 PM
  • Number: 1979915
  • Recommendations: 1
Ok, something good can happen in the world. Feds are now saying, "no you can't under the cover of acting as our agents just take stuff from citizens anymore...except in limited circumstances":

(Continued...)
  • Date: 12/29/14 12:22 PM
  • Number: 445775
Goofnoff,

In support of your point, a quote courtesy of Steven Weinberg:

"Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for
(Continued...)
  • Date: 12/23/14 10:10 AM
  • Number: 1976978
  • Recommendations: 7
Wow, one day of public service during the six years of being out of office.

Maybe someone should mention this to the most recent Democratic occupants of the Whitehouse -- Jimmy Carter, Al Gore, and Bill Clinton. Those guys really need to
(Continued...)
  • Date: 12/18/14 1:55 PM
  • Number: 1976204
  • Recommendations: 0
Now that you've torn down one institution that everyone but a few crusty curmudgeons have long since decided was ridiculous and annoying (our Cuba policy) how about getting rid of the frickin' penny! And maybe the nickle too while we're at.
(Continued...)
  • Date: 12/18/14 8:56 AM
  • Number: 1976128
  • Recommendations: 3
And I mean this non-ironically.

Good going Alamo Drafthouse:
(Continued...)
  • Date: 11/11/14 3:57 PM
  • Number: 1970081
  • Recommendations: 8
You're all aware I'm sure of the scandal of "civil forfeiture", wherein local cops can and do trump up any charge and become cop, judge, and jury -- and just take your sh*t on the spot and keep it. Not personally, exactly. But the
(Continued...)
  • Date: 10/2/14 1:51 PM
  • Number: 1963555
  • Recommendations: 38
When we look at the recent spate of cases of apparent abuse of police authority (the latest documented here by Vetiver (Continued...)
  • Date: 8/23/14 1:37 PM
  • Number: 1955778
  • Recommendations: 6
I don't think anyone has made the claim that no bigotry exists within their police department. It is very likely that bigotry exists in many if not most police departments since bigotry is found in all communities.

I don't see what this

(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/2/14 2:17 PM
  • Number: 1939901
Be advised hmletter et al: I'm not going dignify the comments of members of the "both sides do it" brigade unless they can offer a list of 1) liberal apostates and 2) prominent conservative thinkers in good standing who reject the obvious
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z