Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By Gordon66

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 11/11/16 5:44 PM
  • Number: 2117222
  • Recommendations: 0
Two points:

(1) The polls were already trending down for Clinton when Comey letter came out. Also, Donald had by then had his Twitter confiscated. Those nea double digit numbers were not going to hold up. That said, it might have had a 1%
(Continued...)
  • Date: 11/11/16 5:24 PM
  • Number: 482898
Thanks everybody. My motivation in asking this is my son is enraged because thinks Hillary stole the nomination, and thinks Sanders would have easily beat Trump.

Add together those assumptions and anyone would be enraged.
(Continued...)
  • Date: 11/11/16 12:30 PM
  • Number: 482827
  • Recommendations: 1
To the extent that these voters wanted "change," change meant "not a Democratic President."

Sanders was not a Democrat ;-)

In all seriousness, it's hard to argue that Sanders would not have been
(Continued...)
  • Date: 11/11/16 11:42 AM
  • Number: 482817
Would Bernie have won?

I think he would have won these states Hillary lost: Michigan, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania.

The question is, would he have lost any of the following that Hillary won: New Hampshire, Virginia, Colorado? Because
(Continued...)
  • Date: 11/10/16 8:31 PM
  • Number: 2116914
Most of the US is Republican.

So, your explanation for why the Democratic nominee for president got more votes than the Republican nominee, not just this election, but in 6 of the last 7 presidential elections, must be... Republicans
(Continued...)
  • Date: 11/10/16 10:20 AM
  • Number: 2116675
  • Recommendations: 4
Assuming that Democrats don't try to obstruct everything like the Republican's did, then the GOP won't go nuclear. Dem filibusters of the right sort will be too useful to them.

The GOP will need to have someone to blame if/when
(Continued...)
  • Date: 11/9/16 8:22 PM
  • Number: 2116519
  • Recommendations: 2
Of course you do. That's what you live for!

And since you don't REALLY give a crap about the movement conservative agenda, and would probably get a kick out of sticking it to establishment Republicans, here's my humble
(Continued...)
  • Date: 11/9/16 11:55 AM
  • Number: 2116260
  • Recommendations: 2
It's hard to look at last night's results and think that the problem with the Democratic message is that it wasn't progressive enough.

Trump wasn't out there talking about income inequality.

I totally agree.
(Continued...)
  • Date: 11/9/16 8:54 AM
  • Number: 2116135
  • Recommendations: 9
This is what we call a “torches and pitchforks” moment.

Obscene levels of economic inequality is the soil that allowed the Trump's faux populism (actually, authoritarianism) to take root and grow. So maybe it was not such a good idea
(Continued...)
  • Date: 11/8/16 2:30 PM
  • Number: 2115639
  • Recommendations: 47
The most preposterous framing of this election is Donald is the crazy racist/sexist pig, and Clinton is the corrupt liar.

Yes, Donald is crazy, racist, sexist and a dozen other horrible things, but what he is most of all is a corrupt liar.
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z